• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A mother has outlived her child. A 17-year old girl has lost her mother. Yeah, some may examine her life and judge her decisions and none can deny her choices destroyed her professional career and may have possibly played a role in her ultimate demise. However, the bottom line is, someone has died who has done nothing to harm anyone in this thread. A hint of condolence or human decency costs nothing more than refusing to be mean for just a brief moment in time. After all, who knows what tomorrow will bring for any of us?

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    When she was young and pretty and had a voice that was a gift from God, she was grounded in her faith. The further she got from her savior, the further she fell. It's a shame, and a sad one at that.

HB

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    hell am just a simple country boy redneck who loves music......she had one of the best female voice i have ever heard...... R I P

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h2wpa3BDt0&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Better question, who gives a rats ass?!

Ms. Houston's style of music wasn't something I listened to, but I do think she had an incredible voice. I also find it sad when someone passes before they have lived a "full" life, especially if it's due to the poor choices they have made. To answer your question, I care. Very sad.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Sad but not a surprise. Over and over we see successful celebs who can't handle the wealth and fame.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I wasn't really a fan, like a lot of other people here, and I hate to say my first reaction was:
    "Well that's not really a surprise"

Then I sat and thought and realised ... damn, I grew up listening to her music and she was a pretty damn good singer. Bit of a shock now.

I agree with Que/Keh though. A bit of human compassion doesn't go amiss at times like this.

David.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I thought she was much more into coke and crack than heroin. Dope isn't ALL drugs. Dope isn't marijuana. Dope isn't coke. Dope comes from the high dopamine content of heroin.

When you make a habit out of smoking crack, even if you quit...you probably won't be living a long life.
    Just splitting hairs. It's all dope to me.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Her music was legendary, her voice irreplaceable. She is not the first and by no means the last celebrity who will fall into the wrong crowd and make poor choices. She was someone's Mother, Daughter, Aunt, Niece and friend. I shed tears because I remember sitting my living room, watching MTV, and belting out her songs. ( although poorly) It is a memory I have that makes me smile. RIP Whitney.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I wanna dance with somebody. . . .

was a great tune.
    Man, what a waste. She had it all and just couldn't like herself well enough to take care of herself. I often wonder if people who end up this way just don't feel worthy of the accolades and the fame and subconsiously sabotage themselves because of it.

Shame her family couldn't convince her she was worthy. We're lucky to have the music still. Her family is missing a piece that can't be replaced.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    A mother has outlived her child. A 17-year old girl has lost her mother. Yeah, some may examine her life and judge her decisions and none can deny her choices destroyed her professional career and may have possibly played a role in her ultimate demise. However, the bottom line is, someone has died who has done nothing to harm anyone in this thread. A hint of condolence or human decency costs nothing more than refusing to be mean for just a brief moment in time. After all, who knows what tomorrow will bring for any of us?

very well said, very well indeed. :yesway:

at a time like this we reflect and wonder what happened, i think it's just our nature. it is a shame that a fine and talented person has been lost. but before casting words of shame, just think for a moment, what would i do/feel if i seen or heard these mean and hurtful words being said about my family member or friend. we have all made mistakes in our life and some have recovered from that time of our life while others have not. it is not us to judge the others, that is up to the Lord. :twocents:
    my condolences to her family and friends and any and all families who are dealing with a loss. thank you

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm not a fan of the genre, more of a classic rock person. I didn't listen to her music much but I am familiar with her stuff.

I believe she had one of the best voices in history. Incredible range and extreme power, a combination rarely heard.

Too bad her life took the turn it did and that she wasn't able to turn it around. RIP.

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Very sad, She became fameous when I was in College......Drugs.......Alcohol......So much talent. It is a very sad day.....

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I wonder how many people died that same day that where never famous. No, I don't care yet another celeb died.

Approximately 250,000 - 300,000 other people died the same day as Whitney Houston. I feel bad for them, especially if their death was prematurely self inflicted by addiction. Death is horrible. I thank God for Jesus and eternal life!

Read more: How many people die a day

Top Bottom