• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    who can tell me anything about these two older Enfield rifles?
    i don't see many markings in them i believe on of them has USMC and an 8 on the bolt. but i know they are both 30-06 and that's about it. i picked these up when i first started getting into guns, i shot them a few times cleaned them and they've just been sitting. here are a few pictures. if you can give me direction to find out more i will look into it! who knows...:dunno:
    thank you in advanced!

30-06.jpg

enf1.jpg

enf.jpg

enf2.jpg

enf3.jpg

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Those are cool..I can tell you that about them. I know people think that runis old military guns, and they're right to a certain extent. I bet that was a cool project for a GI after the war or a father and son. I like them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    if you can give me direction to find out more i will look into it

As was posted they are sporterized surplus. Solid weapons.

In the 1950s because of the large supply of surplus rifles because of bring backs, DCM, and dealers like Sam Cummings/Interarmco, many gunsmiths sprang up converting military surplus to more familiar sporterized hunting rifles. As well, some gun makers released commerical versions of military rifles (e.g. the Remington M30 was based on the Enfield/P14).

You have two nice examples of sporterized surplus. Nice guns, hang onto them.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I echo what the others said. These look like well done sporterizations. Probably worth a bit more than your average hack-job. I'd keep them if you were thinking about selling them. They probably wouldn't be worth much.

Top Bottom