• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I've found myself leaning more towards a glock 26 lately. Right now I have a Kahr cw9. It would be nice to have the extra 3 rounds and be able to use other glock magazines in the 26 as well.

To whom has one, do they conceal well being over 1" thick? Do you love it?!

I've yet to shoot one, however.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I DO! I DO! I DO!
    I have a falcon kyden IWB 10* cant IWB. It conceals fine! Most definitely takes getting use to (I came from a Kahr as well), but as long as you don't wear pants that are skin tight around the waist, it's perfect!
    I carry a standard 10rd'er in the gun, and have a G19 mag for backup.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Better yet, G19. The 26 carries a bit smaller, but with a bit of adjustment / holster choice, the 19 isn't much bigger. It also counts as a full size pistol, if that is a requirement for anything you'd like to do, and has the light rail, with better capacity to size ratio, IMO.

I like dale fricke and jm custom kydex as far as holsters are concerned.

Where do you plan on concealing the 26?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a G19 as well. And I notice a BIG difference between carrying the 2.
    IMO, it's easier to carry the G26, so my G19 is a dedicated house gun.

I carry my G26 in a Dale Fricke Archangel.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't actually carry mine concealed, but when it is prudent, it is easy enough to cover it with a t-shirt or sweatshirt or whatever I happen to be wearing at the time. Keep in mind this is carried OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa holster, not exactly slim and contoured to the body. Mr88GT does the same with a 17L (though the long slide occasionally plays peek-a-boo underneath a t-shirt). So if I can conceal it under those circumstances....

It's a blocky and wide firearm to conceal IWB, IMO. It didn't help that I have a rounder frame on which to place this flat, blocky firearm. Such is the very reason I decided to throw caution to the wind and just start OCing (and I just don't like IWB carry). That said, I started carrying 15 years ago. I do believe the options are infinitely better for concealing these days.

As for shooting it, it's a Glock. I don't own a more reliable firearm. And despite the smaller dimensions, it's still got enough heft to avoid that snappy recoil the smaller pistols can have. My only complaint was the stock mags left my pinky dangling. That was fixed with a magazine base plate swap. These days, I've also been known to use the 17-rd mag as an extender all its own. :): I do love my Glocks. I'm not snobbish about them (I love my 1911s too). But the Glocks are the only choice for EDC for me.

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    I carry the 27 (same size) IWB with a Reaper Tactical holster. I have carried it appendix, but I find it's more comfortable and conceals very well around 4 o'clock. I use the short Pearson extension in the gun and carry a second mag with a plus 2 extension on the opposite side.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I have a G19 as well. And I notice a BIG difference between carrying the 2.
    IMO, it's easier to carry the G26, so my G19 is a dedicated house gun.

I carry my G26 in a Dale Fricke Archangel.

Dale has a new component avaliable for that holster, a sort of bridge that will tuck the butt end in to your body. I just had him ship me one, ill get pics up when I add it to the holster. Info over at pistol training, in accessories forum if you're interested.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Dale has a new component avaliable for that holster, a sort of bridge that will tuck the butt end in to your body. I just had him ship me one, ill get pics up when I add it to the holster. Info over at pistol training, in accessories forum if you're interested.

Got a link?

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I prefer my pm9 over my G26 for carry. I have a MS Versa Max II for the 26 which carries great, however I like something a little thinner. Love shooting the G26 and have never had an ounce of trouble with it.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    I do, with Crossbreed holster. I recommend the combat cut if you go crossbreed. I have the supertuck, didnt have the minituck at the time of order. Pretty comfortable, but I think its too big for me, I mean the holster.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Better yet, G19. The 26 carries a bit smaller, but with a bit of adjustment / holster choice, the 19 isn't much bigger. It also counts as a full size pistol, if that is a requirement for anything you'd like to do, and has the light rail, with better capacity to size ratio, IMO.

I like dale fricke and jm custom kydex as far as holsters are concerned.

Where do you plan on concealing the 26?

IWB everyday carry normally at night. I'm thin.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    26 or 19 in a Galco King Tuck. OWB is typical, but the 26 and 19 both conceal for me very well. I do not wear skinny jeans, I am using a 5.11 belt with Kydex insert, and I'm 6'ish 200lbs.

I also throw the 26 into a Galco Ankle Glove and with normal fitting jeans or BDUs very few people would ever notice it. That's with the pinky extension on it.

Top Bottom