• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You don't have to buy the Legion model, do you? I thought I saw a P226 SAO Elite model. I really should take you up on that. You have offered me several times to try stuff out.

If you shoot the 226 SAO Elite and the Legion SAO side by side then your wallet will hate you. The triggers are not even in the same league

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've only dry fired the Legion SAO. If I were to buy one it'd be the Legion SAO. To me the standard 226 SAO felt like my P220 elite with srt trigger. Most certainly a noticeable difference

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you shoot the 226 SAO Elite and the Legion SAO side by side then your wallet will hate you. The triggers are not even in the same league

You stop that Nyle! Though I do have a couple AR's that I could sell and between that and what I get out of my P226, I'd be good to go!:)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You stop that Nyle! Though I do have a couple AR's that I could sell and between that and what I get out of my P226, I'd be good to go!:)

Hey man, I try to be as honest as possible :): When I dry fired that Legion SAO I had to catch my bottom jaw before it fell on the gun case. Not to many guns cause me to do that. But that one did.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey man, I try to be as honest as possible :): When I dry fired that Legion SAO I had to catch my bottom jaw before it fell on the gun case. Not to many guns cause me to do that. But that one did.

That's how I ended up with mine. Saw it in the rental case and rented it. Burned through 100 rounds and couldn't stop thinking about it. Rented it the next couple of weekends until I found one on GunBroker... :yesway:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I love my German made Sigs... my US made guns, not so much. I do enjoy my P220 in 10mm but mostly because it's 10mm. :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I should be available Black Friday and on Saturday and Sunday if you want to meet at Point Blank in Greenwood.

We are heading out of town Friday-Sunday. I have Wednesday, Thursday off. Maybe another weekend?

We are weird. We don't do Thanksgiving on Thursday. We meet my SIL and BIL at my in-laws(Father and Mother) and do the big dinner on Saturday.

I usually work on my home reno on Thanksgiving. Christmas too!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We are heading out of town Friday-Sunday. I have Wednesday, Thursday off. Maybe another weekend?

We are weird. We don't do Thanksgiving on Thursday. We meet my SIL and BIL at my in-laws(Father and Mother) and do the big dinner on Saturday.

I usually work on my home reno on Thanksgiving. Christmas too!

If PB is open on Thanksgiving, I can meet in the evening. The wife is working from 5 - 10, so that would work for me. Otherwise we'll shoot for the following weekend. PM me and we can swap info ;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Only issue for me is the grip. I run 1911's a lot and am used to a thumbs high grip, riding the safety. That causes problems on a DA/SA gun as my thumb wants to ride on the decocker, which isn't a good idea ;)

On Sigs, that puts my thumb up on the slide stop, which is also a bad idea. It's too bad, as I have a P229 and really like it, but I have to concentrate to get a proper grip on it and even then, I don't shoot it as well as my SAO or 1911's.

My thumb isn't long enough to cause a problem. I have to shift my grip to press the decocker with my thumb (unless I use my support hand).

What I have seen (as an instructor and seeing SIG 228's in agency use) see more of a an issue with the thumbs forward grip people end up manipulating the slide stop under recoil. The decocker is actually out of the way and not an issue.

Depending on if your the type that causes the slide to lock open intermittently or consistently on the last shot. Several have just worked on their grip and a few have even aquired the old revolver grip which helps, others have just learned to work through it and automatically cycle the slide upon a reload.

The above doesn't happen a whole lot but we do see it from time to time.

My thumb is too short to ride on the slide stop/release too! HAH! I can just barely reach it when I try.

I'm going to show my ignorance here but with those SAO Sigs, do you carry them "cocked and locked" like a 1911?

Yep. Like a Browning Hi Power.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Am I the only person here that actually likes the DA/SA Legions better than the SAO. Once you get to SA the triggers on the Legion guns are the same

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love the flat trigger on the SAO personally.

I've only dry fired two different types of SAO Sigs. The first was a P220 Hunter in 10mm. That trigger has potential, but it wasn't noteworthy and I've felt better single action triggers on DA/SA sigs with the SRT. The other was the P226 Legion SAO. That's a completely different animal. I'm sure a good smith could make it even better, but it's really, really nice as it is.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've only dry fired two different types of SAO Sigs. The first was a P220 Hunter in 10mm. That trigger has potential, but it wasn't noteworthy and I've felt better single action triggers on DA/SA sigs with the SRT. The other was the P226 Legion SAO. That's a completely different animal. I'm sure a good smith could make it even better, but it's really, really nice as it is.

Agreed. The only trigger I have in my collection that is better is a 2.5lb SAO CZ trigger on my 75 Compact and that has had much loving done to it by the CZ Wizard... :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom