• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Do you want it painted on or do you want it printed on {hydro printing} hydro printing is what the gun manufacturers use..paint is probably you cheapest option but you wont get a name brand camo like mossy oak.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    This guy does some work for us{he is one of our handymen}. great guy and is very good at what he does.
    dont quote me but I think he charges $150 for a full long gun..scope and rings too if ya want. he is also an FFL so you can ship directly to him. :yesway:
    and he makes some really cool 10/22 stocks.:D
    Home

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    This guy does some work for us{he is one of our handymen}. great guy and is very good at what he does.
    dont quote me but I think he charges $150 for a full long gun..scope and rings too if ya want. he is also an FFL so you can ship directly to him. :yesway:
    and he makes some really cool 10/22 stocks.:D
    Home

Ok so in reference to this post (sorry to hi-jack) how the hell-o do you hydro a truck?

Featured Project

I have a jeep I would like to do but I figured it would need to be done in a wrap like a race car.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Do you want the whole gun painted or just the stock? If just the stock spray paint works well and really is not hard to do. The prep is what makes or breaks you in my opinion. I have done three guns now and am now painting my AK mags. Something to think about.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can not find pics of the first gun I did.

Here is a pic of my AK. I just did it in one solid color.

Before

001-24.jpg

After

004-5.jpg

Pics of the the AK mags I have painted.

001-28.jpg

001-27.jpg

Pic of my Marlin 925R .22. It had the factory black stock.

002-13.jpg

001-26.jpg

For the Marlin. I just cut my stencil's out of file folders with an box knife. So, you could make any patters you choose. Or, you could order them offline. I used Krylon Fusion cammo paint. If they do not have a particular color you want. The regular Krylon will work. After painting I use a matte clear to protect the paint. To clean the surface of the stock. I use 100% alcohol. It will remove any skin oils etc. Which can cause the paint to not stick in certain areas. Only handle the stock while wearing gloves after you clean it. Again, not to get any skin oils on it. So, there are some ideas. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me.

Top Bottom