• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    (We'll see how many posts until this reaches terminal douchebagness-I'm guessing single digits.)

I want to see who here has taken a Tactical Response course with James Yeager and NOT liked it. And I'd like to know what courses/schools/instructors you liked better.

If you don't like TR because of a video, the size of a shirt, a tattoo, you're scared, a twitch, potty mouth, you were one of the 10 million (and counting) people that were on BIAP, then do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut. You sound like a bunch of virgins arguing about sex.

But for those of you who have actual knowledge, I'd like to know. I assure you I will not be trying to change anyone's opinions, I'm looking for schools better than TR. And I'm only interested in opinions of people that know what they're talking about (see above).

Thank you.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No mention of pancakes and threats of bodily harm?

That sounds like a good enough reason to not like the guy if you're that person who got threatened.

:popcorn:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    No mention of pancakes and threats of bodily harm?

That sounds like a good enough reason to not like the guy if you're that person who got threatened.

:popcorn:

Good point! I should have included that in my list.

If you brought your feelings to the internet and James Yeager offended them, I'm not interested in hearing from you.

I'm looking for something substantive regarding his training.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Good point! I should have included that in my list.

If you brought your feelings to the internet and James Yeager offended them, I'm not interested in hearing from you.

I'm looking for something substantive regarding his training.

I think we are behind "feelings being offended" when someone who teaches people how to kill other people (according to his own words) threatened you with bodily harm. :dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    (We'll see how many posts until this reaches terminal douchebagness-I'm guessing single digits.)

I want to see who here has taken a Tactical Response course with James Yeager and NOT liked it. And I'd like to know what courses/schools/instructors you liked better.

If you don't like TR because of a video, the size of a shirt, a tattoo, you're scared, a twitch, potty mouth, you were one of the 10 million (and counting) people that were on BIAP, then do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut. You sound like a bunch of virgins arguing about sex.

But for those of you who have actual knowledge, I'd like to know. I assure you I will not be trying to change anyone's opinions, I'm looking for schools better than TR. And I'm only interested in opinions of people that know what they're talking about (see above).

Thank you.

Exactly how would I be doing myself a favor by keeping my mouth shut?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Never been to TR but I have talked to other people who have trained there. All of those people thought TR was a good experience. So there is my unexperienced and ignorant contribution to this discussion.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Never been to TR but I have talked to other people who have trained there. All of those people thought TR was a good experience. So there is my unexperienced and ignorant contribution to this discussion.

Well, then do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut. He doesn't want to hear from you.

:):

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Yaeger probably isn't a bad guy. I just don't agree with him about a lot of things, which is fine. If I was choosing to take a class, I'd probably take it with someone else, though, not because I disagree with his opinions, but rather, I think that there are other instructors with better and more relevant experience for teaching marksmanship to someone like me, who is not a soldier (anymore) or a police officer.

As long as I'm on the defensive end of using a firearm, I think that the best way to teach and learn is to focus on shooting as a pure skill, and to worry about things like mindset on my own. A good instructor need only help me acquire the skills necessary to defend myself--the willingness is on me.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This is me doing that...

...for now...

...but I agree with this sentiment. ^^^

We'll see how it goes in this thread on an Indiana gun owner's discussion forum.

Being told to shut your mouth in response to a guy who opens his mouth has never been a suggestion that Americans have endeared. ;)

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    You guys have pretty much proved my theory--that you guys can't justify saying anything negative related to his training.

My point is with everyone's crying and complaining about Yeager's shirt, twitch, accent, whatever here, no one can say (or at least has stepped forward to say)

"Yeah, I took his training. It was less than optimal because of X, Y or Z."

I have taken his training. A few of his courses. I know of nothing better out there in the literally thousands of hours of training I've had.

On top of the training, the guy lets you stay at his house for FREE! His rates are competitive to start with and he gives 100% refund if you take the course and don't like it. What school is better than that?

You don't like his language? It's certainly no worse than Pat Rogers.

You think he's too opinionated? See number 1.

You think he's over the top? But you think Tarani isn't?

You don't like his delivery? You must hate Louis Awerbuck's droning.

You don't like his tight shirts? Ever see some of Jeff Cooper's shirts in the latter years? Buttons were about to be projectiles.

I know my opinion means nothing here but I just really don't get this forum. It's like ignorance and negativity is celebrated while experience and experimenting with a desire to better one's skills is almost always put down with some sarcastic remark about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the training itself.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You guys have pretty much proved my theory--that you guys can't justify saying anything negative related to his training.

My point is with everyone's crying and complaining about Yeager's shirt, twitch, accent, whatever here, no one can say (or at least has stepped forward to say)

"Yeah, I took his training. It was less than optimal because of X, Y or Z."

I have taken his training. A few of his courses. I know of nothing better out there in the literally thousands of hours of training I've had.

On top of the training, the guy lets you stay at his house for FREE! His rates are competitive to start with and he gives 100% refund if you take the course and don't like it. What school is better than that?

You don't like his language? It's certainly no worse than Pat Rogers.

You think he's too opinionated? See number 1.

You think he's over the top? But you think Tarani isn't?

You don't like his delivery? You must hate Louis Awerbuck's droning.

You don't like his tight shirts? Ever see some of Jeff Cooper's shirts in the latter years? Buttons were about to be projectiles.

I know my opinion means nothing here but I just really don't get this forum. It's like ignorance and negativity is celebrated while experience and experimenting with a desire to better one's skills is almost always put down with some sarcastic remark about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the training itself.

:welcome: to :ingo: Mr. Yeager!

:cool:

Top Bottom