• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    The biggest piece of junk I ever owned was a Ruger, If I applied your logic to every "bad" gun experience I've ever had, I would be missing out on some of the best guns I've ever owned. don't allow 1 bad experience spoil your opinion of the entire company.

I totally agree with this statement. Every company will have a bad gun once in a while when there producing such a high quantity of products, but to hate the company and give up on them without giving them the opportunity to make things right your gonna miss out on a lot of good products with this way of thinking. Like you said you had one bad Ruger but it also sounds like you have had many great Rugers. So to the original post don't be so quick to hate when u have had only this one experience.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i have never owned a taurus or even shot a taurus. but a lifetime transferable warranty, and free 1 year nra membership with a new gun purchase. i got a lot of respect for that.

Nimrodknaack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    I Hate mine. Three times to the range and I have failure to eject on every magazine! To send it back it will cost me 1/3 of what the gun cost. Stay away from Taurus! Go with a Glock!

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Fired over a thousand rounds out of my 24/7 and had two FTE's, and one FTF, other than that, not a issue. 3/1000 isn't bad.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fired over a thousand rounds out of my 24/7 and had two FTE's, and one FTF, other than that, not a issue. 3/1000 isn't bad.

I've fired over a thousand rounds through my M&P THIS MONTH... I've had zero malfunctions out if the thousands and thousands of rounds I've put through both of my M&Ps. We each have our own opinions on what is acceptable reliability.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I own 4 of them all acquired used at bargain prices. 2 semiauto 2 revolvers no problems with them. They aren't my favorite they don't get used as hard or as much for that reason but they worked every time so far.

Every company has lemons i seem to find Colts bad 1911's and Rugers with 10/22s canted sights.

OP you are fool trying to get your 50 by bad mouthing a company to stir the pot i hope an admin sees this and sends you on your way.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Like Mine

my first taurus was a tcp 380 and it was great for about a week then it started jamming on the first round that is put in the chamber i tryed multiple bullets and every one did it so i dont know what was wrong with it but i hate taurus and thats why i didnt feel like it was a safe and reliable gun

I like my Rossi (Taurus) revolver. So far, 100% reliable through 1500+ rounds.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Have owned 2 Taurus models. The first was the copy of the S&W 617 9 shot 22 revolver. I subsequently purchased the S&W model and from a build quality and function stand point to me there was minimal to no difference between the 2 guns. The real difference was in the price. The second Taurus I acquired was a third generation SS PT-111, a 18.7 oz DA/SA gun that holds 12 rounds. Other than the sights, I really like the gun. The weapon has operated flawlessly to date and, again to me, it is every bit as well built as my SS Beretta 92FS or my SIG 938. So Taurus gets a big thumbs up from this gun owner.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I own 2 Taurus. A Judge and a Clinton era Millennium 10 rounder. The Judge I bought used from a dealer, he said he had to send it back twice because you couldn't eject the fired shot shells. I've never had a problem with it. The Millennium I bought new and have shot several hundred rounds through it, without any problems. I like it as well as my 19, except for the mag capacity .

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I don't like most Taurus. I will say that many people I know like their revolvers and I have personally shot many of their 1911 and m92 coppies. I have a m92 copy ( beretta 92 style) and its a damn good pistol. Might become my carry pistol one day.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I Hate mine. Three times to the range and I have failure to eject on every magazine! To send it back it will cost me 1/3 of what the gun cost. Stay away from Taurus! Go with a Glock!

Did you buy it NEW, if so, biotch at them and they will pay for shipping. It's a darn ejector problem, untill the problem is fixed it will happen on every mag you insert.

Now for a little insight, the same darn thing can happen with a .....

Glock
    Smith & Wesson
    H&K
    FNH
    Sig Sauer

or any other manufacturer, all it takes is for it to be just a tad out of spec and there you go.

P.S. Asked you in another thread if this is a Gen 1 model, it had ejector problems, that is why I asked above if you bought it used.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    My TCP was sent back 3 times before I gave up and traded it. Would never trust it. My 94 had a screw work loose and the cylinder fell out. Still have the 94, but have to remember to tighten the screw. That's not such a big deal since it's just a plinker. After my TCP, I would never trust any Taurus semi-auto for self defense unless I intend to throw the gun at the assailant.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    hate them with a passion

have seen many a guys at the range sitting on the sidelines with a sad face cuz their Taurus broke

have shot a few different modles and was not pleased with any of them

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I have the .44 mag revolver, 8 3/8" with the ported barrel. This gun performs as good as any Smith & Wesson or Colt revolver I have owned. I can't chime in on their semi auto's, never shot one.

Top Bottom