• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gadaffi's golden gun... He had this on him when he was "captured".

gaddafi-golden-browning-pistol.jpg

Good trigger discipline......
    "Hey Ahmed, put your finger in the barrel, let see it this works.
    Farag..... hold my beer..."

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    you just prefer all metal American design but don't care for the 1911's?

It's not all-American. Browning built a prototype before he died in 1926, but Belgian D.J. Saive completed and finalized the design. The HP is comfortable in the hand, and has a large capacity, elegant lines and a distinguished pedigree. It's a beautiful object.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The "Assembled in Portugal" stamp didn't start showing up until the MkII in the mid to late '80's. FN may have started assembling in Port. in '71 but didn't mark them so until over a decade later. I have a '84 MkI that is not marked Port.

I have a 1986 hi power with the little safety, forged frame, made in Belgium, yet it has the factory plastic grips with the semi-thumb rests. I kept reading the date code over and over to make sure I had it right.

Just when you think you know it all a weapon comes along that throws what you know into the trash heap of ignorance.

I have never had a desire to fire weapons akimbo but if I ever did they would both be hi powers for sure.:yesway:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, my mom wants one ever since she saw them used in season 2 of Top Shot. I guess I just don't see what the big deal is. I asked a Browning dealer what the advantage was over a 1911 or a polymer pistol and he just basically said that some people are fans and there isn't any real advantage. So whats the deal? No doubt its a good gun, but why is there such a big following? What is the gimmick? Whats the perk? Do you just prefer all metal American design but don't care for the 1911's?

Like the man said. No gimmicks, It is hard to explain but they seem to "fit" almost anyone that picks one up. I am sure people exist that the hi power doesn't fit but every time I hand one to someone they always say this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoXUzIwXk0

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Maybe start keeping an eye out for one on here or other sites. You can always get a used one for the right price and if you dont like it resell it lol

If you were closer I would let you fire one of mine

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    I LOVE the way they feel! Have not, as yet, had the pleasure of owning one. Doubt it would leave my possession if I ever did procure one.

blackbird1988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Richmond, KY
    I had an FN Belgian made Hi power made in the early nineties and it was a fantastic shooter....had Houge Finger Groove Grips on it and it felt great....I loved it! It was another gun I sold around 95 that I should have kept!! I used it in a couple of IPSC practice matches and found out that I didn't want the extended slide release on it as I kept hitting the lever and locking it open while shooting.

Top Bottom