• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    November of 1981. My dad drove me to the sheriffs office on my birthday.

Same here...'cept it was October of 1981 and we went to the city police department. Dad worked for the County Sheriff; but, we lived within the city limits. As I recall, they were big 8 inch square pink papers with a thumb print on the form.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Don't recall the year but one of our sheriffs told me 'I don't want my people carrying guns'. Not very many permits were issued during his term.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Got mine for the first time in 1993. The sheriff took care of it personally. I remember needing to give a reason for having the license. Called a personal protection permit if I remember correctly.

1993 also. Gun shop owner in Fishers sold me a PT92 and suggested I should have it to carry to range for practice. LEO never questioned the need.

tactical1224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    LaPorte, IN
    Got me beat. Just received mine in the mail last week. Took 5 months! Glad I finally have it though. However the timing is horrible for purchasing a firearm.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Got me beat. Just received mine in the mail last week. Took 5 months! Glad I finally have it though. However the timing is horrible for purchasing a firearm.

Just curious, did you do your application online? Or in person? They told me that since I did mine online it would probably be about 10 days, but people that aren't doing them online are taking 5-6 months.

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    Got mine right out high school in 97. Took a job repoing cars in Gary. Just had to list personal protection for the town marshall in Linden. Didn't have to write any letters or anything. Don't recall a fingerprint on the permit.

Top Bottom