Who is excited about Star Wars 7 ?!?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I grew up watching episodes 4-6. I had high hopes back when they started making the prequels that didn't pan out. (Ok... Episode 2 was pretty good). I still like the franchise and will be seeing it once the hype dies down.

It became clear to me I was a fan when I found myself annoyed trying to get an 8 year old nephew to understand that Darth Vader was actually Anakin Skywalker. His mother was obviously failing as a parent by only showing him Phantom Menace.

I do, however, have some trepidation going into episode 7. First, Disney. Enough said.

Secondly, I worry that this will be another despicable two hour toy commercial like Phantom Menace was.

Lastly, J.J. Abrams. I know I'm in the minority here and that's fine, but I do NOT like what he did with the Star Trek franchise no matter how brilliantly it was executed. We are living in dangerous times for science fiction.

Chris

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I grew up watching episodes 4-6. I had high hopes back when they started making the prequels that didn't pan out. (Ok... Episode 2 was pretty good). I still like the franchise and will be seeing it once the hype dies down.

It became clear to me I was a fan when I found myself annoyed trying to get an 8 year old nephew to understand that Darth Vader was actually Anakin Skywalker. His mother was obviously failing as a parent by only showing him Phantom Menace.

I do, however, have some trepidation going into episode 7. First, Disney. Enough said.

Secondly, I worry that this will be another despicable two hour toy commercial like Phantom Menace was.

Lastly, J.J. Abrams. I know I'm in the minority here and that's fine, but I do NOT like what he did with the Star Trek franchise no matter how brilliantly it was executed. We are living in dangerous times for science fiction.

Chris

Star Wars is not, and never was, science fiction.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    *Ahem* "Nute Gunray" as a capitalist warmonger wasn't exactly subtle.

True, but I found the rise of Palpatine, particularly in playing off both sides of the political divide to the end of becoming emperor far more telling, and more scary when one considers the present. In the event, the capitalist warmongers and the dovish little butterflies were equally manipulated by someone far more nefarious in nature than the worse of either political 'side'. I also found the specific methods used to be frighteningly parallel to things our own politicians and more hidden power brokers try to pull on us.

Still, I doubt that a significant percentage of the people who watch will notice this.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, it was a bit frightening to watch America played out on the big screen in the form of sci-fi. Luckily nobody can strangle me from across the galaxy, at least, lol.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, it was a bit frightening to watch America played out on the big screen in the form of sci-fi. Luckily nobody can strangle me from across the galaxy, at least, lol.

Just wait until Jamil graduates from 'Dark Lord of Sarcasm' to a full Sith Lord! :):

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Is anyone hoping there's the slightest chance we will get to see Jar Jar Binks' head removed with a red lightsaber, and roll down a long staircase? Or perhaps into a bottomless techno-pit? If we can just have that, I will be satisfied with whatever else they toss up on the screen.

Top Bottom