Who is in charge of the security of your couple?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm the first investigator into the "noise in the night" problems but I think that's more a matter of our generation's upbringing. My wife can handle those situations when she needs to without problem.;)

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    To answer the OP's question, I am the guardian of my family.

OK, for those in charge of family security, when you are out in public do you lead or follow those you are protecting?

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    To answer the OP's question, I am the guardian of my family.

OK, for those in charge of family security, when you are out in public do you lead or follow those you are protecting?

Very nice point. I can't be sure off the top of my head, but I'll definitely be paying attention next time we go out. Thank you.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana

Good question. I know that whenever I have been responsible for any group of people, I have followed to be able to keep everyone in my line of sight and to be able to survey the general situation. When a girlfriend and I went (motorcycle) riding with her husband, a couple guys started to harrass us a little. Her husband, who had been leading, dropped back and started following us for the same reason I mentioned above. He always followed his wife on the bike after that.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Good question. I know that whenever I have been responsible for any group of people, I have followed to be able to keep everyone in my line of sight and to be able to survey the general situation. When a girlfriend and I went (motorcycle) riding with her husband, a couple guys started to harrass us a little. Her husband, who had been leading, dropped back and started following us for the same reason I mentioned above. He always followed his wife on the bike after that.

By following you minimize the area of unseen threat and are placing yourself in the position to be first contact from the unseen threat not them.
    Next question is your focus keyed to the family or the others approaching?
    What indicators do you watch for as people approach?
    Body language?
    What are they focused on?
    Are you looking for the print of a concealed weapon?
    Where are their hands?
    What is in their hands?
    Do they have a cart?
    Is there anything in the cart?
    Do they appear agitated or out of place?
    Do they change the pace at which they walk when approaching if their path is clear?
    Are they dressed in a manner that would make recognizing them later difficult?
    Are they dressed in a manner not appropriate for the weather conditions?
    How often do you check your six?
    With practice you can look for these things in glances without being obvious.
    What do you do if you feel something is not right with an person approaching?
    A few more things to think about.

Top Bottom