Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    No full size jeeps?????

I have one. 86 GW 360, D44's

Day I bought it
    file.php

As it sets today (minus that nasty white stuff)
    file.php

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    My stock 87 samurai. She has served me very well. After my car got totaled and insurance did what insurance does, I was broke, with no wheels. I found this zuk, the original owner still had it, but he didnt drive it anymore. He used it on the farm to haul wood and pull stuff. It didnt even have a top. He got a top for it, and I picked her up. I wanted something reliable, and thats what I got. 260k miles, all original, uses some oil, but no more than it should for its age. I bought an old Ranger as my daily driver now, so I really just have fun with the zuk.
    IMG_20140105_113619_zpsceedcc65.jpg

imagejpeg_2_zps03rdokiy.jpg

IMG_20140907_153044_zpsi1wwbv8c.jpg

[video=youtube;fDcOHPrbO5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDcOHPrbO5o[/video]

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Had to go through this muddy water. She was too long to make the turn between the trees the way the Jeeps went. If you take your time, and scout ahead, even a long crew cab full size can wheel in the woods.
    [video=youtube_share;QVQRVRcA36E]http://youtu.be/QVQRVRcA36E[/video]

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Went snow wheeling yesterday. A few times, I got to pull out some smaller rigs in holes I easily got through. Then we found out that 7 inches of ice isn't strong enough to hold up a 9,000 pound truck... twice. It took two winches from the smaller trucks working in tandem to get me back out. Really hoping to get my own winch this year. I'm thinking Warn 16.5 ti.

While hooking up to pull out another truck Brandy says "What's going on back there?"

After I backed out of a hole I broke through the ice, you can see the tire size chunks of ice we had to fish out from under the truck. Saved the oil pan, but not the steering stabilizer.

Brandy checks out the hole we made it over going in, then broke through coming back out.

Poser shot.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I would... but I'm in North Indiana. That's how I found my club (Iron Horse 4x4s)... online. They're good guys too. I've also been wheeling at the badlands with a facebook group called Indiana Hoosier Offroad.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've been working on getting the club to go down there. I have wheeled there with a group from a facebook page called Indiana Hoosier Offroad. I'll post up here next time I see anyone going. Hope I'll have fuel money to go too. That can be hit or miss.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Nope. She was sitting on the rear of the front leaf springs. Front fender is sitting about a half inch out from the door now on the bottom, but no dent. It's just not lined up perfectly anymore. It took a winch from one rig, and a tug from another working together to pull me out. No traction... ground was slick as ice. Bronco in the background broke a rear axle when it bounced in a frozen rut.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Nope. She was sitting on the rear of the front leaf springs. Front fender is sitting about a half inch out from the door now on the bottom, but no dent. It's just not lined up perfectly anymore. It took a winch from one rig, and a tug from another working together to pull me out. No traction... ground was slick as ice. Bronco in the background broke a rear axle when it bounced in a frozen rut.

Please don't tell me that Bronco has a stock 9 inch rear

Top Bottom