Who locally (NE of Indy) can fix my Buck Mark?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm looking for a good gunsmith recommendation. Preferably someone that has worked on a Buck Mark before.

I've got a Buck Mark URX Contour and the mags don't drop free. Formerly the magazine catch was too rounded and mags would pop out and cause jams when it tried to strip the next round off. Browning sent me a new mag release lever with a nice sharp edge but it has gone too far the other way. I press and press and press that button and I still have to pry the mags out.

I'll pay to have it fixed, but I don't know where to take it. I can't shoot steel with it as I am screwed when it comes time to reload.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    This sounds like something you could fix yourself with a file. A very judicious file that is.

And why do you need more than 10 rounds for a steel stage????

I tried to fix it myself once. Made it worse. I could start filing, but I need to get more mag release buttons first. I'll screw up a few.

You haven't seen some of the stages they invented up at Atlanta. One have five or six plates that you had to hit in order left to right. If you missed one, you had to start over from the beginning.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    You haven't seen some of the stages they invented up at Atlanta. One have five or six plates that you had to hit in order left to right. If you missed one, you had to start over from the beginning.

I see. I have only shoot steel matches that complied with Steel Challenge rules - 5 plates and no starting over if you miss.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    You can fix this yourself. I have done it. Be sure you properly identify the correct sharp edge on the mag release. Use a very fine file or stone. Lightly pass the file or stone over the sharp edge at about a 45 degree angle. One or two passes only. Install and check progress. Repeat until the mag falls out. Very little material removed makes a huge difference. Work SLOWLY.

I recommend getting an extended mag release from Rusty Mellonbottom. Check on the web. Makes a variety of Buckmark items.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    You can fix this yourself. I have done it. Be sure you properly identify the correct sharp edge on the mag release. Use a very fine file or stone. Lightly pass the file or stone over the sharp edge at about a 45 degree angle. One or two passes only. Install and check progress. Repeat until the mag falls out. Very little material removed makes a huge difference. Work SLOWLY.

I recommend getting an extended mag release from Rusty Mellonbottom. Check on the web. Makes a variety of Buckmark items.

Thanks. Did more searching on RimfireCentral. He goes by Rusty22 over there.

I was messing with my Buck Mark today and when just testing here at the house without firing, it works fine. But at the range, not so much. Maybe a heat thing?

I just need to take the file to it I guess.

Top Bottom