• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I have ordered a .458 SOCOM AR15 upper and I'm thinking about suppressing it. I would like to also be able to possibly use the suppressor on some .45 pistols too. All of the people who make .45 suppressors say that their cans won't work on a .458 SOCOM due to the high pressures of the SOCOM round. Has anyone found a good SOCOM suppressor and do you know if it will also work on a .45 pistol? Thanks

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Any .458 SOCOM suppressor would easily handle the .45ACP round. They would be awfully heavy/large, but they would handle the round without issue.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just an FYI, only because .458 socom stateside is only really popular because of it being a hunting round... ithat isn't the FYI.... Here is the FYI, It is illegal to hunt with a suppressed weapon. Not implying that is your intention or goal... Just an FYI.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Just an FYI, only because .458 socom stateside is only really popular because of it being a hunting round... ithat isn't the FYI.... Here is the FYI, It is illegal to hunt with a suppressed weapon. Not implying that is your intention or goal... Just an FYI.
    Not a problem at all for giving me a heads-up. I am familiar with the laws and don't plan to lose my guns, hunting rights, etc. just to try to poach a deer or something.
    I have several suppressed .22s, .223s, and .308s and I thought this would be a neat gun to suppress. I also want to get a suppressor for one of my .45 pistols and I've been looking at the Osprey. Osprey says their can won't handle .458 pressures so I'm trying to decide if I need to work on buying two separate cans. I won't shoot either one a lot so I hate to do that if I don't have to. Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow though. Stay Safe.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville

The last suppressors that I bought from them were under the name of CTS. I wasn't aware that Tim had changed the name of his company to SAS. I like his products and customer service. I'll contact him to see what he can do for me.
    SSK Industries told me they would do one for me for $750 so I am going to do some more research into their suppressors also even though I'd rather deal with SAS if he can help me. Thanks for the info guys.

MARK1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Bfg info

Im a rookie to this site, also to wildcat cartrides .
    Looking for detailed info on the 358 bfg to have
    a rifle built on a 700 action trying to get
    in touch with fireball 168 thanks to all

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    NOT ANY MORE as of July 1, 2013.:rockwoot:

Any updates on a good supperssor for the .458 socom?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Bowers Group makes a Vers 50 that works well, even on full power 458 Socom rounds. It's 11.5" in length, so it's not practical for shooting on a 1911. Perhaps on an AR-15 in 45ACP.

Let me know if you'd like to try one out.

Top Bottom