• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    +1 for an EMP in 9mm. I liked mine, but I couldn't justify 9+1 in 9mm when I could carry 7+1 in a Compact 1911 45 or 8+1 in the EMP 40. It was very good in terms of fit and finish. Plus Springfield's lifetime warranty is second to none.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    KIMBERavatar2.jpg

Kimber Ultra II in 9mm. My #1 carry piece.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've got an STI trojan 9mm 1911. Hated the slim STI grips so they are gone, added an Ice magwell which functions aok but would probably go with a smaller magwell if doing over, bought a 1/16" extended magazine release which to me makes a big difference. To get 10 round mags that I was happy with was a pain until I tried the tripp cobra's.
    Pro's are that I really love the thing to the point that it is my favorite plinking and competition gun. Cons are I had to tinker ($) to get happy with it and if you shoot IDPA it is right on the edge both for fitting in the box and making weight (smaller or no magwell might solve both issues). Also the blueing is the least rugged of any gun I own, if you want it to look brand new don't use it.
    I've got a Springfield loaded in 45 & shoot with a couple buddies that have that gun in 9mm, they are happy and I wouldn't hesitate to go in that direction either.
    For me it was a pain in the butt to work up a 9mm load that seemed as accurate as my 45 loads. I wonder if that is just an inherent 9mm vs 45 thing.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    +1 for EMP

I carried my EMP most of last year and just recently switched to a different type I just purchased. I love it and it has been 100% everytime at the range.

Top Bottom