• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I'm a total noob who has never reloaded. I want to reload .357 sig for various reasons. Who here does? How hard is it to find the proper components (dies, primers, bullets, brass) in the current "panic" environment? I'd like to take a class at Profire to get started and learn the basics.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I've been loading the round for a few years. Small pistol primers are vaporware at the moment. Everything else should be fairly easy to obtain.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Don't use Berry's or Rainer plated bullets, they can not be pushed fast enough for the velocity that the 357sig performs well at. Plated bullets are recommended to run at lead bullet velocities. Have not chronographed my loads but the good book says their over 1200fps.

The plus side of 357sig is that it uses 9mm bullets which are the cheapest of all jacketed bullets. It's designed for the 124 or 125 grain bullets.

So far my best powders that I've used are Unique, being the best, then Longshot, AA#7 and AA#9 not so good. I've found Unique is a great powder, 7.2gr behind 124gr Precision Delta JHP, have read that Power Pistol is really good also.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Just got my dies, and bullet mold. Once get some pills cast and figure out what powder I want to use, I will be loading up a few.

Top Bottom