Who uses a can (and which one) on their AK?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Just wondering. Been thinking about picking one up for my SBR build and using it for 5.56 too. Don't know what people are using so I thought I'd ask.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    A 7.62 or 5.45 Ak? Who built it? What thread pattern? On 5.56 as well? I'd get the 7.62-SDN-6 from ACC, the blackout can be ordered in most thread pitches and will handle 5.56 to 7.62x51 without being huge.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Good points Gamez, its a 7.63x39 ak with the standard 14x1 built by century (i know I have to make sure the threads are concentric). I'll look into some of the ones mentioned above.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    What about a can for a .22 LR AK (threaded AKT98)? Could I re-tap a Huntertown Arms end cap to 14x1 LH or have them do it (which would probably be what I prefer)? I know a 7.62x39 can would work but I'm looking for my first suppressor to be a .22 to use on a couple of .22 rifles and pistols too so something like the Huntertown Arms one that has a replaceable end cap that can have a couple of different ones for different threads if needed.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've been looking into this myself here lately.
    The AAC 762-SDN-6 would fit the bill for multi-gun use if I could find a way to get one on a AK47, and also a AK74 if possible.
    The AR15 application is simple. And I've found ways, like the Delta P FSB/adaptor, to install an AAC Blackout flash hider on an M1A.
    What I haven't found is a AAC suppressor-ready flash hider for an AK, either 14-1 LH or 24-1.5 RH. Either I overlooked them or they don't have them.
    Does anyone know what I need in order to get the 762-SDN-6 on an AK, at least the AK47? I would like to be able to suppress the AK74 too but will do without if need be.

Edit : I've seen 14-1 LH to 5/8"-24 adaptors but I've never had any dealings with one. Is this a viable alternative?

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I've been looking into this myself here lately.
    The AAC 762-SDN-6 would fit the bill for multi-gun use if I could find a way to get one on a AK47, and also a AK74 if possible.
    The AR15 application is simple. And I've found ways, like the Delta P FSB/adaptor, to install an AAC Blackout flash hider on an M1A.
    What I haven't found is a AAC suppressor-ready flash hider for an AK, either 14-1 LH or 24-1.5 RH. Either I overlooked them or they don't have them.
    Does anyone know what I need in order to get the 762-SDN-6 on an AK, at least the AK47? I would like to be able to suppress the AK74 too but will do without if need be.

Edit : I've seen 14-1 LH to 5/8"-24 adaptors but I've never had any dealings with one. Is this a viable alternative?

What he said haha I don't know where I could get a muzzle device to attach it to an AK. (at least I didn't see it on the site)

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The only way I have found to use a suppresor on my AK with 14-1LH threads is to use a 14-1LH to 5/8-24RH thread adapter. Mark @Trosusa makes and sells then for $68 shipped. I'm still waiting for my stamp to come in so I cannot confirm how well this works.

www.trosusa.com

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When I was looking for a adapter I tried getting ahold of Halcyon Defense (subterfugedesignworks) several times and never got a response. I do not know if they are still in existense or just too busy to respond to a email. Good luck if you are planning to go with them for an adapter.

Top Bottom