Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought bans were usually a couple of days? Were they repeat offenders or their offenses considered especially egregious?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    In case you missed the memo, we're actually trying to keep this one on topic.

Carry on here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...status-update-thread-part-104-shaun-dead.html
    :):

So, perhaps if this thread is just to track who was banned and why, it should have a simple format of;

1) listing who was banned, and type of ban (perm/temp)

2) linking to thread (if it's still there)

3) factual reason for ban (called Chezuki a big meanie, etc)

Then everything else can go into a thread like BW started where people discuss more/complain/report one another. That might give the thread a better chance at life, and would certainly have some value for folks who want to know what's bannable at any given time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought bans were usually a couple of days? Were they repeat offenders or their offenses considered especially egregious?

I cannot speak to this. I have observed that, once on point, Fargo rarely backs away and can be a bit aggressive. :twocents: Wonder if this sort of thing took place behind the scenes?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Even in the middle of his march to suicide by Mod he broke out some humor with me.
    I didn't mean to sound negative or judgmental. Fargo is a smart fellow with a vast amount of helpful knowledge. Just sayin' he might have gotten carried away, as we all do once in a while. Just speculating that he might have gotten a bit "loud"?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

I know bans can be progressive, especially for repeat offenses. One member I'm aware of kept posting pics in the "Funny Pictures" thread that contained language that would have been filtered if in text, or were otherwise inappropriate for a family-friendly forum. He received a warning for the first offense, then infraction, then 48hr ban, then either 1 or 2 month ban, and now he's perma-banned. Not a very fast learner apparently.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didn't mean to sound negative or judgmental. Fargo is a smart fellow with a vast amount of helpful knowledge. Just sayin' he might have gotten carried away, as we all do once in a while. Just speculating that he might have gotten a bit "loud"?

I agree. I was just saying when I put some pressure on him he responded with some sarcastic wit. Then he dove right back into making his point.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree. I was just saying when I put some pressure on him he responded with some sarcastic wit. Then he dove right back into making his point.

Fargo does crazy :poop:, like starting whole new related threads to better get his point across. :rolleyes: There must be something wrong with him.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He was a humorous fellow (Fargo). He got really fixated with the Pro fire thread and took a really defensive stand. He could not walk away from it. I could feel the tension in his post! I get passionate about things too. But when the boss says stop I usually stop or go down in flames. He took the ladder. I look forward to Lebowski and Fargo being back. Hopefully to stay.

To get back OT. Is anyone living on the edge? I read threw a lot of threads. I didn't see any smoke.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I kinda didn't get that wholllle thing. Was/Is he connected to them somehow? Because that would (maybe) make more sense.

He was way too passionate about it.
    I understand as we do not want the steady stream of stolen guns feeding the thugs especially full auto.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He received a warning for the first offense, then infraction, then 48hr ban, then either 1 or 2 month ban, and now he's perma-banned. Not a very fast learner apparently.
    I wish they had always given people that much notice...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I know bans can be progressive, especially for repeat offenses. One member I'm aware of kept posting pics in the "Funny Pictures" thread that contained language that would have been filtered if in text, or were otherwise inappropriate for a family-friendly forum. He received a warning for the first offense, then infraction, then 48hr ban, then either 1 or 2 month ban, and now he's perma-banned. Not a very fast learner apparently.

If your speaking of our former member from Miami, I miss him. He came up with the greatest pics for that thread.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I am in.

I notice Lebowski is still shooter'ed. He must have got a perma ban too. We have lost some people with pretty high post counts.

Is it perhaps that as we "age" (read been on the forum awhile) we begin to tire of the PC police here and in real life in general? I'm personally disgusted to no end of the PC world we are living in and becoming ever more vocal about it!! BUT INGO's playground, INGO's rules and so far it's still entertaining enough that I tend to stay out of the discussions where I'd be forced to call BS on rampant PC-ism.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just saw Fenway's comment in an old thread, saying "we have 31000 users... and only 50 active" joke.

Actually probably pretty accurate. Imagine if the 50 of us suddenly committed suicide-by-mod? What would happen to the site? No posts... no quality content... might remind some people who butters their bread.

But that's none of my business.

oyjb1pd.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is it perhaps that as we "age" (read been on the forum awhile) we begin to tire of the PC police here and in real life in general? I'm personally disgusted to no end of the PC world we are living in and becoming ever more vocal about it!! BUT INGO's playground, INGO's rules and so far it's still entertaining enough that I tend to stay out of the discussions where I'd be forced to call BS on rampant PC-ism.

Just saw Fenway's comment in an old thread, saying "we have 31000 users... and only 50 active" joke.

Actually probably pretty accurate. Imagine if the 50 of us suddenly committed suicide-by-mod? What would happen to the site? No posts... no quality content... might remind some people who butters their bread.

But that's none of my business.

This is where we go to ***** about INGO:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...where-we-*****-about-ingo-~~.html#post5335588

Thanks! ;)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Imagine if the 50 of us Quality Posters suddenly committed suicide-by-mod? What would happen to the site? No posts... no quality content... might remind some people who butters their bread.

Nah, if the quality posters bail, guys like me will be here to keep it going.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom