Who was open carrying at the Brownsburg Walmart today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Was shopping with my wife at the Brownsbrug WalMart around 2:30 p.m. this afternoon. Say a gentleman who also appeared to be shopping with his wife. I didn't want to stare to I didn't get too good a look at the pistol he was OCing but it looked like a Smith & Wesson stainless semi auto in an Uncle Mike's type nylon belt holster.

In any event, do you OC at that WalMart regularly and, if so, has a WalMart employee ever confronted you about it?

Nice to see another gun owner in the burg.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Plenty of us other gun owners in the Burg. Wasn't me OC this time. Sometimes OC and sometimesCC.Good to know there's another one of the good guys here in town

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Today? Not me. Didn't hit Wally World today. That was last Thursday. Maybe again tomorrow, or over to Krogers (need groceries). Never a problem, though I've been semi-OC all winter (jacket and/or sweatshirt). Warm weather means more OC, but that's never been a problem out here.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The most comfortable holster I have is a $12 Uncle Mikes Sidekick. I have plenty of holsters that I spend plenty of money on like an MTAC, Galco Fletch and others, but that UMSK absolutely carries perfectly for me.

But, it was not me there in Brownsburg today.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Should've asked him why he's carrying a $600+ firearm in a $20 holster...

hehe

This was me when I first started carrying. Until I found INGO, I HAD no idea all these holsteres existed. I wouldn't have ever known about the MTAC holster I carry now. Heck, I'd still be carrying that massive Glock 21 that's in my safe right now. I saw a lot of guys here love the G19, so I looked for it and now carry that. We need to make it our goal that whenever we see anyone carrying, we need, no, we should, tell them about INGO. It could save their lives one day :D

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I open carry in the burg but wasnt me this time. Have been in Walmart on many occasions OC never have had anyone confront me, but have noticed on occassion lost prevention follows but not to well.

45CalJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I live in the 'Burg and carry in that WalMart a couple of times a week. I mostly CC, but I have OC'd when dressed in my monkey suit. I've never gotten any unwanted attention either way from that store. I check there all the time for the Federal Value Pack .223.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I have oc'd at the b-burg walmart plenty of times they have never confronted me about it so I'd assume they are okay with it although at avon walmart I got some pretty worried looks like they thought I was a bad guy

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I have oc'd at the b-burg walmart plenty of times they have never confronted me about it so I'd assume they are okay with it although at avon walmart I got some pretty worried looks like they thought I was a bad guy

My local walmart has a kind of "slow" younger guy in the ammo section, and he always brings up how OC is illegal, how I need to cover it up, and I should be more careful and read up on the law. Fortunately he's very nice, and always sells me the ammo :D

Anyone who's been to the Valpo walmart and helped by a 5 foot 5 guy would know exactly who I'm referencing. No other employees at that walmart (or anywhere else in Valpo) has ever said anything or asked me to leave.

I'm more prone to getting what I'm looking for and leaving quickly when I OC, because random people at Walmart seem to want to talk to me about why I have a pistol on my hip.

Top Bottom