• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I've found out a lot of info lately on presidents that I didn't know about (ex. FDR, Lincoln), which really changed the way I thought about them.

We obviously have a real winner for a POTUS right now....so if you could choose one president, from any point in time, to help out with all these problems....who would it be? And what qualities do they have that would help?

I'm not real knowledgable on presidential history, so I'm hoping you guys can give me some good and bad aspects on past leaders.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Calvin Coolidge.

He rarely talked, had some of the lowest tax rates in history, the country was prosperous, and all the Progressives hate him and blame him for the depression. He also had enough sense to hire some really smart people to help him make decisions. Andrew Mellon being one of them.

That's good enough for me.

He was also an honorable man of principle.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    This question is almost impossible to really answer. If any of our former presidents were scrutinized, poked, and prodded, all over TV back then like they are now a days, all of them would make anyone in the last 30 years look like Popes.

Society has since changed on what it deems acceptable practice while in public office.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    John Hancock, 4th President of the Continental Congress.

Famous smuggler, statesman, and patriot.

Told the king to kiss his arse in large calligraphic letters.

Had a bounty upon his head from the royal JBTs.

My kind of guy.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Calvin Coolidge.

He rarely talked, had some of the lowest tax rates in history, the country was prosperous, and all the Progressives hate him and blame him for the depression. He also had enough sense to hire some really smart people to help him make decisions. Andrew Mellon being one of them.

That's good enough for me.

He was also an honorable man of principle.

Thats a good President right there....I think if we had George Washington right now he would get things straightened out. More important to me than the best President is ....when did we have the best Americans in history? The President is only a reflection of the people who put him in power...

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Thats a good President right there....I think if we had George Washington right now he would get things straightened out. More important to me than the best President is ....when did we have the best Americans in history? The President is only a reflection of the people who put him in power...

I'd say 40's to 50's eras

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Atom beat me to it. Coolidge is, hands down, my favourite. There was a depression in the early 20's when he was in office and he did exactly what he should have to correct it. Nothing. The nation pulled out of it in no time at all and the economy did well after that. He was a great man who believed in limited government.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Washington
    He had to do it from scratch , hold a new country together long enough for it to work it's self in to running and deal with one third of the people that did not like the patriots .

GeorgeWashington.jpg

Top Bottom