• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Seems like the point of most of their shows is to see how many guns they can put together on a mount. Silly. Same show over and over but I still watch it for the lack of good gun shows on TV. Top Shot is decent. The military channel only seems to play Kelly's Heros and WWII in color.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    If I had to work for Will "mental problems" Hayden, I would have lodged a complaint with the BBB about the verbal and mental abuse that he puts his staff through. Totally unprofessional and completely immature. Each episode gets a little harder to watch.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I just wish the daughter was a littler hotter....

Shes not Grade A, but the fact that theyre pretty well off wouldnt hurt my feelings none... besides, getting to shoot anything you could possibly want at any given time, would make it all worth it...

Until she pops out a couplea kids and is 400 pounds.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    What gets me is all those guys are suppose to be "machinists" but none of them knew how to run the CNC machine. Then they spent all that time and money on the material for the real gatling gun and Will wouldn't let him take an extra day or two to make sure it was in working order which led to it being blown up. I probably would have punched him in the mouth, told him how stupid he is and quit.

JDvader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    I think the drama of the show is forced and deliberatly created by the producers. They need a sense of urgency to keep people interested. I for one am glad that a weekly show about firearms is getting such good ratings. Its 95% better than anything else on tv.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I watch Sons of Guns for the entertainment value of it. I think the show is pretty stupid though, and my wife is always giving me a hard time for yelling at the TV when it is on. Like the one where they made that shotgun gatling, and the idiot is blabbing about how he can figure out how to run the HAAS, I said "yuh, we'll see..." and blabbing about how precise everything has to be, and then he's cutting that aluminum with a sawzall I said "sawzall huh? Yeah, thats real friggin' precise, you need a straight edge and a plasma cutter dummy. And then when they told him that he goes "I didn't know you could cut aluminium with a plasma cutter" I was like "It conducts electricity doesn't it? Ya dumb ****! You can cut MIRROR GLASS with a plasma cutter!!!! Sweet baby Jesus Will, throw that guy outta there and let me show you how to build a gun." My wife said I was too damn worried about it.

Last edited:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If I had to work for Will "mental problems" Hayden, I would have lodged a complaint with the BBB about the verbal and mental abuse that he puts his staff through. Totally unprofessional and completely immature. Each episode gets a little harder to watch.

He doesn't project a very positive image of gun owners, huh? Somebody please blow that crappy show off tv!

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010

He doesn't project a very positive image of gun owners, huh? Somebody please blow that crappy show off tv!

Given my past history working for his type, I can tell you I don't think I could work for him very long without telling him to go **** himself.

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    i liked the show at first, but it just keeps getting goofier, that chromed sissy chopper/1919 was just plain retarded. oh yeah, i thought i was only person who still used the moniker "snaggle tooth". ha

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    What gets me is all those guys are suppose to be "machinists" but none of them knew how to run the CNC machine. Then they spent all that time and money on the material for the real gatling gun and Will wouldn't let him take an extra day or two to make sure it was in working order which led to it being blown up. I probably would have punched him in the mouth, told him how stupid he is and quit.

There were and still are plenty of "machinists" before CNC.... a few older guys at work run the manual lathes and mills and choose not to learn CNC, Ill set up the job, load the program and then they will run the parts.... any offsets or program changes they get us to make. The rest of us guys run both manual and CNC.... :dunno:

And on the last show, Will stated that (forgot his name, the one true gunsmith w/ the tatoos) was the closest thing he had to a machinist. Why Joe was programming/ running the HAAS is beyond me !!!

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    :popcorn:I admit, I watch the show and agree that it is getting worse. :popcorn:Hey, if you put a camera in one of the local gun shops and/or range I would probably watch it too (and I bet there would be plenty of not so smart things said and done too).:laugh:

I will probably continue to watch until they tear apart any Colts!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Liking or disliking a TV show and expressing an opinion is fine. Making fun of a real person for their appearance is below us here is it not? I enjoy the show for the show it is.

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    While I agree that bashing someone in a public form is not correct, My father, a military man, had always taught me that wearing a uniform does not give you a universal right to be an idiot, and that more then that, you should be held to a higher standard.

In watching this show, there have been times when Will has not shown that level of professionalism that I would expect someone with his background to have.

I also, get very tired of explaining to my son why they seem to not have to follow the gun safety rules.

All I can say is shame on all of you that has given Will Hayden, a Marine, any type of negative comments on this forum.

~TK

Top Bottom