Who's a member of Deer Creek or Old Trails and NFA Rated?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    The two public ranges that allow full auto, with proper clearance / training, that I know of and I am a member or are Deer Creek Conservation Club near Gas City and Old Trail south of Richmond (I still need to get to a board meeting to be "cleared").

Thus was wondering who is shooting full auto at either club now days?

For Deer Creek you have (had) to go to the training class or watch the video and get approved before hand, plus can only bring your own NFA. While in theory you can have a guest, the guest is limited to twice in their life time and can never have been a former member (keeps range membership up ;-).

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    At times I am thinking that most everyone with full auto falls into three categories:
    1: Shoots on private property (their own or friends) and thus does not really wish to haul in unknown strangers.
    2: Does not shoot except for a few big shoots a year. Have friends on the main line of KCR, who go out west for the big shoots, attend a few subgun matches etc. This is the majority of their shooting. All these locations are busy enough that getting to know and meet other shooters is secondary.
    3: Collectors who might not shoot their guns for years at a time (one of the guys I know gets a new cannon or belt gun, fires it and it goes into storage for all time).

The last option is to have a bunch meet for a few hour shoot at a range, however, in Indiana the two ranges allowing full auto, require membership plus training. Thus if a few of us were to get together, several would have to be range members (use to be able to take a couple guest shooters to Old Trails but not sure with the new rules this year). Thus appears the best option for a few full auto shooters to get together on a public range is a day trip to KCR - but not during the twice yearly shoot and gun show ;-)

If anyone is a member of either Old Trails or Deer Creek (or any other Indiana range that allows full auto rifles) let me know by posting and/or off line.

Thanks

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    JT,Things have been fine at Old Trails. I have been told that now you need no permission for NFA at Old Trails. Call me if you need anything else.

Have to see where I tossed the Key, was the first year have not been out there, even though almost drove by the place a couple times.

Thanks
    John

Top Bottom