• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Wife and I are dropping the daughter off at Grandma's, then it's time to head over to Roush Lake Shooting Range. Time to go shoot the dust off some guns. We haven't went since Jan. 1st :xmad:
    Time for some "alone" time with just the wife. :yesway:

brcrbn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It was a great day to shoot at Roush Lake today. I was there this afternoon as well as about 50 other people. Even though it was crowded, I never feel unsafe there. It is a great place to shoot for only $4. Did you have your "Team Ingo" t-shirt on? If so, I was a couple of lanes down from you.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    It was a great day to shoot at Roush Lake today. I was there this afternoon as well as about 50 other people. Even though it was crowded, I never feel unsafe there. It is a great place to shoot for only $4. Did you have your "Team Ingo" t-shirt on? If so, I was a couple of lanes down from you.

where can i pick up a ingo shirt?

im going shooting saturday after i pick up my first handgun. i got a springfield xd40. super excited!!!!

brcrbn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    where can i pick up a ingo shirt? Good question. I'm not sure.

im going shooting saturday after i pick up my first handgun. i got a springfield xd40. super excited!!!!

Congrats on your first handgun! Do you have plans to take any training courses?

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Several of us shot at Riley Conservation Club just south of Terre today. It was a USPSA special classification match. Wasn't too sure if the weather would cooperate or not but we stayed dry and had a fantastic day. If you are ever interested in USPSA matches take a look at the shooting sports forum in INGO. There is one every weekend within the state.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

No that wasn't me wearing the INGO shirt. I was wearing a black The Walking Dead t-shirt and jeans. I'm 6' tall and my wife is 4'10". We were 5th station from the South wall, may have seen our MKIII Hunter, it's awfully shiny.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    My lovely wife and I shot a round of sporting clays at Back 40 Sporting Clays near Bourbon today.

One of the best scores she ever shot, and mine wasn't too bad either.

A great way to spend the day. Good weather and a very nice facility.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I got in a good bit of practice today. 400rd or so of 9mm, and about 250 of 357 Sig.

My CZ still loves me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kawZ0T245Ew

My Glock still hates me.
    IMG_01691.jpg

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Question is do you hate it? I had one handgun do that to me, I got rid of it (Keltec P11).

Can't say I hate it.

Not many manufacturers support my 357Sig, Glock is one.

The gun runs pretty good, and is quite accurate, but I need to learn to get a better/slightly lower grip on it coming out of the holster. I think the nice beavertail on my CZs has spoiled me a bit. :dunno: It's hard to hate a gun that can do this.

IMG_0147.jpg

Bigc177

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westside of Indy
    Sigasaurus, my 7 yr old son, and I hit up Danville Conservation Club, after church this afternoon. Sig got to sight in his new scope on his AR, while the boy and I had some target practice w/ his Marlin 60. After we were done w/ the rifles Sig and I broke out the 1911's, and SR9c for a few. All in all it was a great day :rockwoot:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Me and the Mrs. went over to Kingsbury for the first time. Nice place!! Took the 10/22 and ran about 500 rounds of fun....

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was able to go and shoot a ton of guns
    ruger lcr in 357mag and 38 spl
    .44 spl revolver
    .44 mag lever action
    springfield xdm
    ruger 10/22 takedown(mine)
    mosain 91/30
    ruger mark III
    CMMG AR
    moseberg 500 in 7.5 shot and 00

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Can't say I hate it.

Not many manufacturers support my 357Sig, Glock is one.

The gun runs pretty good, and is quite accurate, but I need to learn to get a better/slightly lower grip on it coming out of the holster. I think the nice beavertail on my CZs has spoiled me a bit. :dunno: It's hard to hate a gun that can do this.

IMG_0147.jpg

That's a nice group. I agree with you on the not hating it part. I had a 17 gen 4 for awhile. I loved it, very accurate and reliable. For me I grew tired of the trigger & guard. I just couldn't get my finger on the trigger the way I liked. I ended up selling it and now have an XD9 Tactical that I shoot far better. Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, just the XD is better for me. I can shoot just about any handgun accurately, what matters to me is whether I am enjoying myself and feel like the gun and I have become "one" if you will. Just curious, what's up with the .357sig? Kinda expensive to shoot right? I haven't shot that round before, so I have no first hand experience.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That's a nice group. I agree with you on the not hating it part. I had a 17 gen 4 for awhile. I loved it, very accurate and reliable. For me I grew tired of the trigger & guard. I just couldn't get my finger on the trigger the way I liked. I ended up selling it and now have an XD9 Tactical that I shoot far better. Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, just the XD is better for me. I can shoot just about any handgun accurately, what matters to me is whether I am enjoying myself and feel like the gun and I have become "one" if you will. Just curious, what's up with the .357sig? Kinda expensive to shoot right? I haven't shot that round before, so I have no first hand experience.

I reload, so 357Sig is almost as cheap as reloaded 9mm because it uses the same bullets. Little more powder and a little more for brass, but bullets are the biggest chunk of the cost. 9mm/.355 bullets are significantly cheaper than 40, so I can shoot 357 Sig for about $155-160/1000rds. Cheaper than reloaded 40 (using similar components, I hate using lead)

And no one steals my brass! :):

It's known to be an inherently very accurate cartridge in any platform, and as far as power goes, there's a lot to like about a semi-auto that replicates the legendary 125gr 357 Magnum at 1350-1400 FPS.

Penetrates like crazy, and is the 2nd most popular cartridge with State troopers behind the 40. Good gelatin performance too. (if you're into that sort of thing)
    Tapcomparo.jpg

I dunno about all that terminal ballistics stuff, but I do know it'll clear a bowling pin off a table like nobody's business. :D

It's fun to shoot. Snappy, but no more than a 40. Load it up with Blue Dot or longshot, and it doubles as a flame thrower. :laugh:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Rob377, that is awesome. I guess I didn't realize it was that cheap if you reload. I was going off commercially available stuff. Thanks for the pics and link to the penetration capabilities. Awesome info!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

On Sunday? If so, that was me. I was there with my wife and her friend.

Top Bottom