• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Maybe I can get hubby to take me fishing later this week. I have quite a bit in the freezer but there is always room for more bluegill. He scales and I filet...works well. :cool:

I don't bother to scale mine. I cut the filet off the fish, then flip in over and slide the knife between the skin and meat.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't bother to scale mine. I cut the filet off the fish, then flip in over and slide the knife between the skin and meat.

We have friends who do it that way. We've always cooked it with the skin on. Scaling is messy though so I can the positives of doing it this way.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    A few days ago I purchased another DNR non-motorized 2014 sticker for my sit-inside kayak, thinking I might take it to a lake one or two more times before winter comes. Might be too late though. Feels like winter is here and kayak fishing is done for 2014.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    A few days ago I purchased another DNR non-motorized 2014 sticker for my sit-inside kayak, thinking I might take it to a lake one or two more times before winter comes. Might be too late though. Feels like winter is here and kayak fishing is done for 2014.
    This morning when I left for work temp of 26, windchill of 18, snow on the ground, frozen to a sheet of ice BUT I am not putting the kayaks up just yet. If the river does not freeze up before deer gun season opener, I will use one to sneak into the backside of a bog filled with deer just down stream. Still have the itch to fish too.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Managed to score ice fishing equipment at a yard sale. All set up and waiting for ice.

Herd all kinds of stories of the slough and wolf lake. Any other places less fished out in NW Indiana?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just sad, I catch these last week, and now I'm thinking about storing the gear for the winter pretty soon

Didn't make it out last weekend when the weather was great due to other commitments, but did get out some during the week before and caught the fish in the pics above plus a few more as I was on vacation.

Was hoping to still get some fishing in this weekend, but maybe not. Oh well, may be time to spend more time shooting...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Only had about an hour this afternoon to fish, but picked up 3 decent largemouth with a shallow diving crank. The kid caught a nice on as well. Wind was making it a bit interesting. Hoping to go again tomorrow for a bit onger.

Top Bottom