• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I have found alot of scammers on Armslist with rediculous prices. Find most of them took photos and description for legit auctions. Alot from Gunbroker. Think they are trying to see if anyone will send them a money order. Not me. Face to face only on Armslist or Gunlistings.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It's getting harder and harder to do business with firearms anymore... There's a group of morons on Hillbilly Topics that will post a really good price, get your email/phone number, then make fake ads. Or worse, if you pass on a deal, they will act like children and do the same, thinking "well, I showed them for not wanting my Taurus poly pistol for their Colt even trade!"

Scammers, people that have the mentality of a child, etc... I knew a coworker that set up to buy a RIA for $300 off a guy, only to turn out it wasn't his gun, the seller was 15 and trying to get weed money, so he stole his dad's gun and put it up online.

Surprisingly, the check or money order scams seem to have dropped, but they are switching from "Will you ship" scams to "I'm in the military and will be back in the states by..." Human garbage...

What's worse is people who think it's just another internet thing: If you commit to a deal, you've committed. If you decide you don't want to go through, something came up, etc... Okay, I understand. Don't arrange a time/place, then ditch the guy, having them wait in a parking lot (and always some crap hole place too) for you to never show. Man up and say you aren't interested. They use the internet to hide behind their cowardice. I would imagine these folks have no ethics whatsoever in reality either.

Blanquito82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    UK
    Surprisingly, the check or money order scams seem to have dropped, but they are switching from "Will you ship" scams to "I'm in the military and will be back in the states by..." Human garbage...

I've been thinking of something along these lines (but for legitimate purposes) since I found INGO a few days ago. Being that I'm stationed overseas but still an IN resident, If I saw something I was interested in here I'd probably try to arrange a deal. Then, wire some money to my parents/have them write a check and complete it for me. Would this spook anyone and think it was a scam? Is it even legal?

Last edited:

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Unless it is a well known company, I never buy online.
    That way I can go to my local gun shop guy, who "adjusts" gun prices weekly and at least see the guy who is screwing me.
    Unfortunately, many gun sellers either on line or in a store, make used car salesmen look honest. Most in my experience, believe
    in the sell them anything motto, whether it is right or not.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    I've bought several guns on Armslist.
    Always face to face.
    Never send money to have it shipped.

They've always been decent deals for me, not as questionable as the one in the OP.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been thinking of something along these lines since I found INGO a few days ago. Being that I'm stationed overseas but still an IN resident, If I saw something I was interested in here I'd probably try to arrange a deal. Then, wire some money to my parents/have them write a check and complete it for me. Would this spook anyone and think it was a scam? Is it even legal?

I am not sure. If no Fed. forms involved would this be a straw purchase?????

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If only they had some sort of rule that prevented just anyone from using their classifieds. You know, some sort of process so they'd at least have a vested interest in the site so they'd be less likely to post scams.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If only they had some sort of rule that prevented just anyone from using their classifieds. You know, some sort of process so they'd at least have a vested interest in the site so they'd be less likely to post scams.
    Can't do that because it would generate too many complaints. We like scams better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've been thinking of something along these lines (but for legitimate purposes) since I found INGO a few days ago. Being that I'm stationed overseas but still an IN resident, If I saw something I was interested in here I'd probably try to arrange a deal. Then, wire some money to my parents/have them write a check and complete it for me. Would this spook anyone and think it was a scam? Is it even legal?

That would spook me. I would not deal with someone's "proxy" on a gun deal, but then I'm the guy who when selling a gun to a Hendrick's County Sheriff's deputy asked to see his driver's license to confirm residency. No information recorded, etc, but just making sure it was all good. Didn't even look at the name, just the fact that it was shown.

I see what you did there :ingo:

Top Bottom