• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Show your pet 1911's to your friends. Show your Glock to your enemies. Makes perfect sense to me. And I own twice as many 1911's, (12), as I do Glock's, (6).

Nice idea. My Glock to 1911 ratio is the same, but with smaller numbers. I'm at 4 Glocks and 8 1911s. I may buy a second G19 here shortly which means I'll need to buy two 1911s to keep things balanced.

lavready

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Columbus, IN
    Motorcycles and guns... both should be black and metal. Just purchased a 1911 for EDC yesterday. Glocks and others have great ability without a doubt, but there's just something truly badass about a 1911 that the polymers can't duplicate.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Hater's gonna hate.
    A custom 1911 is a creation requiring skill, patience, knowledge, and artistry. It almost feels sensuous in the hand. It has style, panache, and elan.
    A Glock, by comparison, is a '58 DeSoto bumper. Stamped, molded, strong as a tank, and perfectly functional, but hardly the cutting edge of fashion.
    Maybe they should let Pininfarina have a go at the Glock. :whistle:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hater's gonna hate.
    A custom 1911 is a creation requiring skill, patience, knowledge, and artistry. It almost feels sensuous in the hand. It has style, panache, and elan.
    A Glock, by comparison, is a '58 DeSoto bumper. Stamped, molded, strong as a tank, and perfectly functional, but hardly the cutting edge of fashion.

HHHhhhmmmmmm....A red Glock with ground effects and a wing........:scratch:................Nah

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Motorcycles and guns... both should be black and metal. Just purchased a 1911 for EDC yesterday. Glocks and others have great ability without a doubt, but there's just something truly badass about a 1911 that the polymers can't duplicate.

The 1911 has a soul. The Glock is just a tool. A good one, but in the end, it's just a tool.

Hater's gonna hate.

I think the Remington R51 would be the result. A swoopy design that does not function all that well. Or, it could be a drop dead sexy looking pistol that runs forever. You never know with a Pininfarina. The oldest car in my garage was built by Pininfarina and at 45 years old, it still works beautifully. I just put another 70 miles on it yesterday winding around the Johnson County back roads and it is like Zen on 4 wheels.

So, who knows, they might be able to pull it off if they can keep the Ferrari mindset at bay.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    As to round count....hit what you are shooting at and 8 will be enough. Hopefully.

How many rounds would you actually need with 10-15 assailants? How many good hits are you going to get with multiple moving targets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMMIpCofrug#t=118

Practice those reloads.

When you're shooting 45 you need only one round on target

Officer shot in the face with a .45: http://www.news4jax.com/news/Officer-Shot-6-Times-Shoots-Kills-Teenage-Gunman/2088350

Disclaimer: I do not hate 1911s. Just adding food for thought. The above applies to any single stack small round count hand gun. Not just 1911s.

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    How many rounds would you actually need with 10-15 assailants? How many good hits are you going to get with multiple moving targets? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMMIpCofrug#t=118Practice those reloads.Officer shot in the face with a .45: Officer Shot 6 Times Shoots, Kills Teenage Gunman | News - HomeDisclaimer: I do not hate 1911s. Just adding food for thought. The above applies to any single stack small round count hand gun. Not just 1911s.
    Alvin York proved one shot stop with the 45auto more than once in one day

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    images

1911 vs Glock

images

OK guys which one is which? Which one will vanquish your foe? Which one would you rather have standing beside you?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How many rounds would you actually need with 10-15 assailants? How many good hits are you going to get with multiple moving targets?

If I'm facing 10 to 15 assailants that don't turn tail and run when the shooting starts, I'm screwed no matter what I'm carrying.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You'll just be more screwed with a 7 round 1911, than you will be with a 17 round Glock.

Dead is dead. A 17 round Glock has never floated my boat, I don't own one and probably never will. Now, a 15 round Glock has been known to give me that warm fuzzy feeling that only 15+1 of 10mm goodness can deliver. If I ever were to live out the last scene of 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid', it would probably be with a G20sf in my hand and a pair of spare mags in my belt.

No, on second thought, if I'm facing 15 to one odds, I think I'd rather run that 10mm love through a Delta Elite. :rockwoot:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    On second thought you would go with the same caliber, but in a lesser capacity pistol??? :dunno:

Well yeah! I mean a Glock makes bad guys hurt and all, but a 1911 does it with style. Haven't you been reading all the 1911 threads on INGO?

Top Bottom