• ...and so much more!
  • NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    over so much.

Just out of sheer curiosity, what are the members here doing to get pulled over so much. I see so many "just got pulled over..." posts.

I usually drive 0-10MPH over the limit, but I use turn signals, don't make unsafe lane changes, all my lights work (I have super bright licence plate bulbs).

I'd love to know what you're doing so I can avoid it.

Knowing my luck I'm going to get pulled over tonight... :rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think "everyone" is, but remember that we have 21,000 members, so you're likely to hear more stories. I've only been pulled over once in 20 years.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I don't think "everyone" is, but remember that we have 21,000 members, so you're likely to hear more stories. I've only been pulled over once in 20 years.

True... and you always read more bad stories than good.

I think a lot of the stops are made because of speed/lane changes/bulbs out. I get a lot of people coming into my autoparts store asking me for bulbs because they got pulled over for them. Licence plates, turn signals, low beam, brakes etc.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I like to start of my morning with a little vitamin c courtesy of absolut. I don't usually get into the car until the afternoon about beer thirty. We don't have a lot of money so I drive myself to and from the bar. Fortunately they can cash my government check, so I can stay longer. After a few hours I drive home, but make sure to stop by the corner pharmacist and then go to Walgreens to get some booze to chase it down on my way home. Sometimes I find if it's tough to decide which of the two roads to go on, I wiggle the car back and forth and they line up. Last year I invested in a tow truck which helps me dislodge the car from the ditch near my house a couple of times a week. If it weren't for medicaid I wouldn't be able to even get that government check from the mailbox at the end of the road, every other year they get me a new jazzy power chair. I wouldn't have to replace them so often if I didn't have to use it to get to the walmartsk so often to use my ebt card to get gas for the car in the ditch. Life is tough you know, fortunately all of the cops already know me around here and give me a comfortable place to sleep most nights with a hot dinner and breakfast. Life is good man.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    last time, driving a customer's POS car and it had expired tags, cop follows me for a minute then light's me up. as he's walking up i say
    "bet the plates on this POS are expired aren't they"
    him: yep, lemme see your DL
    ME: STRIKE TWO! :D i don't have it on me, it's in my toolbox (forgot to put it in my pocket)
    him: asks me where i work, told me to get it there and make sure i have my DL on me next time!

that was it

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?
    Man: Uh.. 65...
    Officer: 63.
    Man: Officer, isn't the speedlimit 65?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

The bad part is, the accuracy requirement for speedometers is 10%. You could easily be a few over or a few under even with your speedometer showing you going the correct speed.

Heck, this is why I used GPS to calibrate the speedometer on my motorcycle, I don't need any more reason to get pulled over. My Speedometer in my car is off by about 3% with stock tire size and no modifications, 9.5% on the motorcycle stock.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    The bad part is, the accuracy requirement for speedometers is 10%. You could easily be a few over or a few under even with your speedometer showing you going the correct speed.

Heck, this is why I used GPS to calibrate the speedometer on my motorcycle, I don't need any more reason to get pulled over. My Speedometer in my car is off by about 3% with stock tire size and no modifications, 9.5% on the motorcycle stock.

My speedo is off by around 5MPH higher than the GPS derived speed (which isn't 100% accurate anyway). So if I stick to the posted limit and my speedo then I am actually doing under the limit - good for me, but bad for everyone else behind me.

If I'm doing 5-10 over using my speedo then I'm not speeding as much as I think.. LOL.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I was merging onto IL394 yesterday and had it up to 80 in a quick second. As I came over the rise in the road there was a State trooper on the inside shoulder standing outside his car facing backward toward the oncoming cars with the radar in his hand. He had me dead to rights, but he must have just gotten there and was still fiddling with the radar. I got by that one.

So there is a story of how some of us are getting pulled over. Some of us speed.:):

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Last time I got pulled over, was in maybe 1986 or 87 over in Kentucky, and I was running 75 in a 55, well, I was still on the on ramp getting onto I64. Cop was as nice as could be, and wound up giving me a verbal warning and sending me on my way after chatting a few minutes about my truck. Man I wish I still had that truck.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had more than my share of conversations through the drivers window with the LEO.
    I grew up in the muscle car era and had many of them and none were "Stock" as I was basically a street racer. It was a way of life around me at that time. Looking back we were lucky no one was injured but we never raced down side streets or in front of the local high school. We had areas on the interstate etc. As we got older we took our speed contests to Raceway park on Tuesday night and Sunday.
    My point is, we did get our share of tickets and more. Times have changed, laws are rougher and the punishments and fines are stiffer. I have gotten a few in recent years but I drive a lot of miles.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Yeah, lots of active members means a lot of chances for a scofflaw in our midst. :D

I've never been pulled over as a driver, and only a couple times while riding with someone. The last time I was with someone who got pulled over was last year and I laughed at him when the lights came on. It was only a verbal warning though and we were back on our way. :yesway:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    over so much.

Just out of sheer curiosity, what are the members here doing to get pulled over so much. I see so many "just got pulled over..." posts.

I usually drive 0-10MPH over the limit, but I use turn signals, don't make unsafe lane changes, all my lights work (I have super bright licence plate bulbs).

I'd love to know what you're doing so I can avoid it.

Knowing my luck I'm going to get pulled over tonight... :rolleyes:
    most of the people i see get pulled over are for speeding. my truck only goes 65 so i just watch them blow by me then get lit up when they dont see the cop until its to late.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't so much see the quantity of posts but some of the ones that do post about being pulled over seem to get pulled over alot for some reason.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    We are getting pulled over because they need money. :D

I went 8 years without getting pulled over for anything, the last 2 years I've been pulled over 6 times. 2 Were DOT inspections for nothing, 2 for speeding, 1 made up following to close :rolleyes:, and 1 for ground effect lights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are getting pulled over because they need money. :D

I went 8 years without getting pulled over for anything, the last 2 years I've been pulled over 6 times. 2 Were DOT inspections for nothing, 2 for speeding, 1 made up following to close :rolleyes:, and 1 for ground effect lights.

Revenue stream.....

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Don't know .... but all I can tell you is that I was innocent.
    Oh yes.... I've said it before and I'll say it again ...
    If you every get pulled over by an ISP motorcycle cop, your hind end is definitely getting a ticket.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

:laugh: I immediately thought of Super Troopers.

Man: 65?
    Officer: 64...
    Man: Isn't the speedlimit 65?
    Officer: Yeah, it is...

Usually mine's for stupid stuff. I got pulled over for going 42 in a 30 while being stopped at a red light.:n00b: Not even joking.

Top Bottom