Why bother with the GOP if this is all it has to offer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There are plenty of good arguments to make against RINOs and the GOP, but I fail to see how the transgender stuff is one of them. The GOP is in the process of passing legislation against re-assignment surgeries on minors in the states where it's politically possible. What are you looking for on the issue of transgenderism, that is reasonable in a free country, that the GOP isn't delivering?

It seems to me the real issue is, the GOP contains politicians who are real good at fomenting against the social outrage of the day - but then continue supporting skewed trade agreements, questionable climate policies, and plantation-state immigration policy. But otherwise-intelligent conservative voters keep nominating them, because they say the right thing on social issues.

Simply put, the GOP caters to "Social Issue Voters" because it doesn't have to work very hard to get their vote. Values Voters being "easy to get" on social issues is a big part of what keeps RINOs in Washington. We focus so hard on social issues, that we send a swamp creature like Dan Coats back to the swamp TWO TIMES because he says the right thing on issues like abortion.

Pogo was right. We have seen the enemy and he is us.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Why bother with the GOP if this is all it has to offer?​

Because it is the only tool we have. Third parties do not have the clout the GOP has.

This is why we conservatives must take control of the party using the popularity of Trump to rid the CoC and establishment from the party…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While the GOP is overwhelmingly anti-mandate, that doesn't mean we have to full on anti-vax.
    Doesn’t mean we should vote for delusional people. I guess unless there’s no other choice. Better to vote for a delusional America-first candidate than a delusional CoC grifter.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Doesn’t mean we should vote for delusional people. I guess unless there’s no other choice. Better to vote for a delusional America-first candidate than a delusional CoC grifter.
    Politicians are de facto deluded. Just ask them how important they are. The deluded one will feign humility. The really deluded one will actually tell you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While the GOP is overwhelmingly anti-mandate, that doesn't mean we have to full on anti-vax.
    Let’s parse this phrase “full on anti-vax”…

Do we mean anti-vax with the scope of including long time tested and efficacious vaccines like small pox?

Or do we mean anti-covid vax only?

There are some that mean ANTI-VAX—PERIOD. All of them, every single one of them.

There are some that when they say anti-vax are only anti-covid-vax.

The reason we haven’t seen calls for accountability for the covid vaxes is because republicans are for the covid shots and most cannot reconcile themselves to the fact that they supported and still support a rushed through therapeutic that is having long lasting detrimental affects on a far larger sample of the recipients than any other drug would have been allowed to stay on the market with.

I suspect she is one of those republicans. People like her are the reasons why Fauci, Birx, Pfizer, Moderna, et al will never be held accountable for what they did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Do we mean anti-vax with the scope of including long time tested and efficacious vaccines like small pox?

There are some that mean ANTI-VAX—PERIOD. All of them, every single one of them.

The reason we haven’t seen calls for accountability for the covid vaxes is because republicans are for the covid shots and most cannot reconcile themselves to the fact that they supported and still support a rushed through therapeutic that is having long lasting detrimental affects on a far larger sample of the recipients than any other drug would have been allowed to stay on the market with.

I suspect she is one of those republicans. People like her are the reasons why Fauci, Birx, Pfizer, Moderna, et al will never be held accountable for what they did.
    TPTB did an effective job at changing the meaning of "anti-vax" so that they could apply it generically to anyone who is even questioning the mRNA shots. I'd say let's not use their language. I'm not anti-vax. I am quite skeptical of mRNA covid shots specifically. Everyone should be.

They took a technology that has been around for decades without much success towards use in humans, and used emergency use to get around all of that. And then they gaslight everyone, even many medical professionals, to believe that in a few months, they could overcome what they couldn't achieve in decades, proof that mRNA shots are safe and effective. I'm not buying that. And reality is proving that out as they find more reasons why this technology is not ready for prime time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    TPTB did an effective job at changing the meaning of "anti-vax" so that they could apply it generically to anyone who is even questioning the mRNA shots.
    Yep. Before covid (speaking for myself) people viewed the real RFK Jr type anti-vaxers as kooks. Most people did, I think. TPTB did do a good job of extending that phrase most people associated with kooks onto people that looked at the science and were suspicious. They were suspicious of the science that has never worked (lock downs, masks, as well as MRNA vaccines). Why did those things that never worked in the history of man to stop an air borne virus now all of a sudden start working for THIS air borne virus? They were promptly labeled (among other things) “science denier”, ”grand ma killer”, and “anti-vaxer”.

Anti-vaxer is nothing but a pejorative. It’s one that I am increasingly comfortable being associated with.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. Before covid (speaking for myself) people viewed the real RFK Jr type anti-vaxers as kooks. Most people did, I think. TPTB did do a good job of extending that phrase most people associated with kooks onto people that looked at the science and were suspicious. They were suspicious of the science that has never worked (lock downs, masks, as well as MRNA vaccines). Why did those things that never worked in the history of man to stop an air borne virus now all of a sudden start working for THIS air borne virus? They were promptly labeled (among other things) “science denier”, ”grand ma killer”, and “anti-vaxer”.

Anti-vaxer is nothing but a pejorative. It’s one that I am increasingly comfortable being associated with.
    I agree with all of this, but for the highlighted part, I will continue to make a distinction. If I'm not generally against vaccines, I'm not anti-vax. I am definitely anti-covid shot. But, I'll acknowledge that pharma has behaved in a way that definitely impugns their motives. If they lied about mRNA shots like that, what other things do they routinely lie about?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If they lied about mRNA shots like that, what other things do they routinely lie about?
    This is why I said I’m increasingly comfortable being associated with this pejorative. The more you learn about the polio vaccine for example…one of the celebrated achievements of medical science, its history is dubious.

I forget the numbers now but I heard on a podcast that I tend to trust that the vaccine schedules for kids now is something like 20-30 where it was like 6 when I was a kid. That number could be off considerably but the point is we’re drowning our kids in all sorts of vaccines now—many with dubious effectiveness...and rising autism rates.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Are we sure the “old time vax” hasn’t been altered by the “new time “ pharmaceutical companies based on how they seem to be doing business today?

I’m not saying anti vax, but anti pharma based on the last 3 years.

Top Bottom