Why bother with the GOP if this is all it has to offer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some things matter more than money.
    Stopping that kind of nonsense is one of those things.

Tolerating it has lead to explicit material being shoved on elementary school students. It has even permeated our foreign policy to the extent we were trying to educate Afghanis on homosexuality and transgenderism.

Can we have an actual conservative party that cares about values and traditions more than sending money to Israel and how much a corporation pays in taxes?

Keep wondering why you're losing when things like opposing the legalization of gay marriage was a cornerstone of the party for awhile.

The extremist mindset on both ends turns off the people who matter to swing elections. I think a pretty wide swatch of public opinion includes "let people do what they want with their own dick and balls, but don't present it to school children". Reasonable minds can differ on where exactly the line is to be drawn, but we *can* draw a line if in a position to do so. Simply losing and/or abandoning the field does none of that.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Keep wondering why you're losing when things like opposing the legalization of gay marriage was a cornerstone of the party for awhile.

The extremist mindset on both ends turns off the people who matter to swing elections. I think a pretty wide swatch of public opinion includes "let people do what they want with their own dick and balls, but don't present it to school children". Reasonable minds can differ on where exactly the line is to be drawn, but we *can* draw a line if in a position to do so. Simply losing and/or abandoning the field does none of that.
    Well a high percentage of the Republican party are evangelical Christians. If they aren't an apostate they will never go along to get along because in this case they have a duty to take a stand against this behavior, and vote against a politician who promotes it or agrees with it.

Romans 1:32
    and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also approve of those who practice them.

Not trying to turn this into a religious debate. Just showing you what evangelical Christians believe. They won't change unless they stop being evangelical Christians.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What's the joke? How conservatives slit their own throat through exclusion of demographics that could be allies? Stop waging stupid culture wars about who does what with their own dick and balls and concentrate on economic policy and things that better life for all Americans.
    That all would be fine. Why do they then go lift up the mentally ill that kinda support some of their agenda?

This post fits with the theme of this thread. They are always a day late and a dollar short. They always seem to support the premises of the democrats' arguments. They never stand for the right thing when it matters, at the time it matters, and in the way it matters.

I don't care what kinds of deviant behavior anyone wants to do in the privacy of their own homes. That's between them and their conscience and their god(s).

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Isn't the Libertarian Party supposed to be something close to the Constitutionalist party?
    How is that working out? No one is pure enough to garner any support.
    In most states where we have "RINOS", we need to be happy we have them. My favorite example is Susan Collins. She is not conservative, never will be. But she is electable in Maine. If it wasn't her, it would be a Dem. The people up there simply are NOT going to vote for the candidate that we here on the INGO want. That goes for many areas of the country.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Isn't the Libertarian Party supposed to be something close to the Constitutionalist party?
    In most states where we have "RINOS", we need to be happy we have them. My favorite example is Susan Collins. She is not conservative, never will be. But she is electable in Maine. If it wasn't her, it would be a Dem. The people up there simply are NOT going to vote for the candidate that we here on the INGO want. That goes for many areas of the country.
    Todd Young was a Marine. You don't have to leave the state to find an example.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Negative.
    When I was going to join them and checked them out. The local branch at least. They are not for limited government they were for no government at all. Let everyone do whatever they want. I don't believe in anarchy.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    When I was young, the sky was the limit.
    As I aged, I began looking at what different people/parties had in the way of solutions to societal problems.
    These observations began to solidify a position in my own mind about which people/parties shared a similar values as myself. I began to wake up to the ugliness of politics and the danger of how effective propaganda actually is. Being pragmatic guided me away from pie in the sky answers and focused me more on the reality of how things actually operate in real life.
    My journey has brought me to the conclusion that, for good or bad, we need to dance with the one that brung us.
    I voted for H. Ross Perot back in 1992, and still have some of that flame still burning yet today. But looking back at Germany in the 1930s, I see that very bad things can happen with small movements.
    So all that has firmly anchored me in the camp of "it is what it is". Do I think that Mr. Chris Bray should be quiet and write about more mediocre issues? Of course not. He should keep shouting from the roof tops. The message is one that needs to be told and contemplated.
    But as for me, right now, in this moment in history, basically two parties is what we have.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The GOP isn’t perfect by a long shot, but what REALISTIC alternative is there? None. You can argue, not like it, say I’m an idiot, doesn’t change the answer. At this point in time, there is no viable alternative to the GOP. Any splinter parties would just ensure the Democratic Party takes total control. They do vote in complete lock step most of the time, even the so called “moderates” will toe the line. Any dividing up of the GOP would just mean true one party rule. What needs to happen is for the Republican Party to agree that more freedom and less govt is needed, and quit arguing over whatever factions “purity” tests are failed. We have so many conservatives that agree on 98%, but will slit each others throat and dive off to a also ran third party at the slightest disagreement, resulting in a left win and we all lose.
    People like to spend a lot of effort, time and mental masturbation trying to ignore reality. I'm not aware of anything good coming of such wishful thinking.

People are also short sighted, easily frustrated and quick to give up... which is frequently taken advantage of for political gain and a large part of why we are where we're at today.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well a high percentage of the Republican party are evangelical Christians. If they aren't an apostate they will never go along to get along because in this case they have a duty to take a stand against this behavior, and vote against a politician who promotes it or agrees with it.

I get that, at least to the point that abortion and general gayness are the sins they care about when voting. Last I checked, Trump did pretty well and what were his stands on gay rights and which bathrooms people use? People here are ready to saint him and rage against anyone who won't vote for him because a vote against him is a vote for the Democrat, etc. etc. But I'm supposed to believe that the Republican party has to cling to this sort of thing seen in that Tweet to win their base? Come on.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That all would be fine. Why do they then go lift up the mentally ill that kinda support some of their agenda?

You don't get the concept of getting social influencers on board with a campaign? Seriously? I've made my thoughts on the trans- thing known before. Do what you want, but don't expect me to play along. But do you really not get why *log cabin Republicans* would like to have the attention of a well known celebrity with a built in following who also happens to be trans?

What agenda does Bruce Jenner have that you object to. Someone who is against trans athletes in women's sports would seem to be someone to at least work with, or just because they are trans- means they are verboten? Because that's what the "joke" is, and keep losing.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I may be wrong but I would like to think a candidate that is more dependably conservative than Todd would be electable in the Hoosier state.
    Just need people to show up to primaries like they do the general election.

One of the problems is nobody votes in primaries to get the better candidates on the ballots.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You don't get the concept of getting social influencers on board with a campaign? Seriously? I've made my thoughts on the trans- thing known before. Do what you want, but don't expect me to play along. But do you really not get why *log cabin Republicans* would like to have the attention of a well known celebrity with a built in following who also happens to be trans?

What agenda does Bruce Jenner have that you object to. Someone who is against trans athletes in women's sports would seem to be someone to at least work with, or just because they are trans- means they are verboten? Because that's what the "joke" is, and keep losing.
    Why give mentally ill social influencers any platform?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I get that, at least to the point that abortion and general gayness are the sins they care about when voting. Last I checked, Trump did pretty well and what were his stands on gay rights and which bathrooms people use? People here are ready to saint him and rage against anyone who won't vote for him because a vote against him is a vote for the Democrat, etc. etc. But I'm supposed to believe that the Republican party has to cling to this sort of thing seen in that Tweet to win their base? Come on.
    I'm an evangelical Christian and I'll vote for DeSantis out of the bunch. However, if Trump gets the nomination I'll vote for him. I do not think Trump is a conservative or does he hold my values as a Christian. However, he's going to be better than Biden for the country.
    I could not say the same of Todd Young though.

Other evangelical Christians I know do not hold Trump up on a pedestal.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why give mentally ill social influencers any platform?

You think Jenner needs a subset of the Republican party to have a platform? Jenner *already* has a platform, that's the point of making them your ally.

You're asking why someone with *social influence* is a helpful ally in the formalized popularity contest known as an election.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm an evangelical Christian and I'll vote for DeSantis out of the bunch. However, if Trump gets the nomination I'll vote for him. I do not think Trump is a conservative or does he hold my values as a Christian. However, he's going to be better than Biden for the country.
    I could not say the same of Todd Young though.

Other evangelical Christians I know do not hold Trump up on a pedestal.

So why put the LC Republicans on blast for working with Jenner but be cool with 'who cares what bathroom they use' / 'fine with same sex marriage' Trump?

In the end, you can engage with current culture and be relevant or you can fade into obscurity and have as much pull as Democrats do in the Indiana state legislature as a super minority. AKA, none. Even the ones who win are useless to their constituents. It's not simply an R problem, it's an R problem at the national level, though.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So why put the LC Republicans on blast for working with Jenner but be cool with 'who cares what bathroom they use' / 'fine with same sex marriage' Trump?

In the end, you can engage with current culture and be relevant or you can fade into obscurity and have as much pull as Democrats do in the Indiana state legislature as a super minority. AKA, none. Even the ones who win are useless to their constituents. It's not simply an R problem, it's an R problem at the national level, though.
    In the primary is when you try to get a better candidate.
    Yet in the case of Todd Young there was no difference between him and a leftist Democrat. I couldn't vote for him or the Democrat candidate nor the libertarian. I wrote in Danny Niederberger.

I will not vote for a candidate that doesn't show a separation from the leftist behavior, and party.
    Trump does show a difference. He isn't promoting LGBTQ+ agenda that I know of.
    There is a difference between promoting this behavior, and saying let God judge them as it's their choice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yet in the case of Todd Young there was no difference between him and a leftist Democrat.
    This is just not true. I even looked up and posted the evidence last week when someone said he was as bad as Evan Bayh.

Bayh voted with Manchin 80% of the time, Young votes with Manchin 51% of the time. Big difference. I get it, I don’t like Young but he is better than a dem like Bayh.

No matter your feelings, the facts are facts…

Top Bottom