Why bother with the GOP if this is all it has to offer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    101 prized RINOs like spending your money. Don’t forget how much we need them in the next election.
    You and those that think like you are every bit as utopian as the left is. There are those in the party that can have legit policy differences with you and I, who I believe are on the same page generally, many have been sold on this American projection of power by the military as a way to defend the country. I suspect many believe they are deeply patriotic for this vote…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rightwing temperament isn't activist. It's the opposite. So if we're going to get to the root of the problem, it's that the right isn't wired to be activists. The left is, however, and I suspect that's why history moves left albeit with some corrections here and there. Conservatives want to conserve.

Progressives want to progress. And they're activist about it, and convince some conservatives not to conserve certain social constructs. Some of that is good. It was good that we didn't conserve the attitudes that perpetuated slavery. Some of the "progress" is bad. ClownWorld™ is bad. Conservatives are becoming more engaged now because progressives want to sexualize their kids, for one of many other clowny examples.

I think throughout history, this progression leftward has helped rid many traditions that are actually harmful to people. As long as there is a healthy conservative part of society that prevents the left from doing away with useful institutions, Idunnno, like a legal system that prosecutes actual violence. Conservatives allow incremental progress to be made, but are are the protectors against just any stupid idea the left can't seem to condemn.

So now the Left has successfully disempowered the right from performing his historical societal role, and anything goes. And the Right has just now figured it out, and perhaps too late to correct it.

You can complain about it all you want, but we're wired to see activism as a chore. They're wired to see activism as virtuous. A badge of honer. It's not a chore for them. And that's why that won't change. If you try to turn conservatives into activists, you end up with HOA's. And bike lanes. :):
    Why did you quote me? You should have quoted @BigRed and @DadSmith, it seems a better response to them as your post defines the reason my post is necessary to encourage conservative activism…

Top Bottom