• ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    A couple of reasons of possibly why.

1. His smart phone may have some hotmail app that offical capacity does not allow.
    2. Offical email accounts may not be allowed for personal uae
    3. Easy to claim or shift blame if hacked email elsewhere
    4. Relates to the common man better.
    5. May reduce the need to perminately archive every digital email as one could claim it was never offical business blah blah.
    6. Why not?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    One of the main reasons he, (and other politicians) use private email is simple. It's not covered by FOIA and open records requests. Private means private, except in cases like this. He should have used Hushmail.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Plenty of execs at companies routinely use personal email to discuss things like layoffs and plant closings in order to keep it quiet prior to announcements.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    A couple of reasons of possibly why.

1. His smart phone may have some hotmail app that offical capacity does not allow.
    There was no Hotmail app in 2006 for his provided Blackberry. There were ways to access Hotmail, like using the garbage Blackberry web browser.

2. Offical email accounts may not be allowed for personal uae
    So maybe he should just Hotmail for personal use emails and not official use?

3. Easy to claim or shift blame if hacked email elsewhere
    Probably not. It would sort of make him look foolish. Romney's own administration warned one month after his inauguration in 2003 that using such accounts can be vulnerable to hacker break-ins and computer viruses.

4. Relates to the common man better.
    LOL. Was this supposed to be in purple? You are saying that Romney used hotmail to conduct business so he could relate to the common man? I can hear him now... "I, like most americans, understand the frustration of receiving numerous spam emails a day about buying V i@.gяA and ¢IAl!s."

5. May reduce the need to perminately archive every digital email as one could claim it was never offical business blah blah.
    Except he also used his hotmail for official business blah blah.

6. Why not?
    Because he knew better...

What official email do you think he should be using? He is only a citizen at this time.

So he wasn't the Governor of Massachusetts in 2006? MMMkay.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another reason to use "free" email accounts:

Portability.

I haven't used my ISP's email account...ever. I'd hate to build up a brazilian contacts via that email address and then decide to switch providers. Yes, I could send out a mass email and/or import the contacts...but that's a hassle.

As it stands now, I have and use about half a dozen different (yet similar) free email accounts for various things. Now all I have to do is remember the log-ins and passwords...

-J-

Top Bottom