Why do people claim Bush Started the war in Afghanistan?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Has everyone forgotten that after the first bombings of the our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, we launched cruise missile strikes into terrorist training camps in Afghanistan? That was under the Clinton administration. This conflict started well before Bush.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Has everyone forgotten that after the first bombings of the our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, we launched cruise missile strikes into terrorist training camps in Afghanistan? That was under the Clinton administration. This conflict started well before Bush.

This conflict started well before Reagan...

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    The Taliban moved in basically after the Soviet pullout, when the country was in turmoil, and were funded by radical Islam. We might not be in the position we are in now if the Reagan and each following administration had followed up with more assistance after the Soviets. We funded the Mujahdeen, and then left right after the Soviets.

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    I believe most of the nay saying is directed to Iraq, I do not see much for Afghanistan. We will NEVER have a stable democratic government in Afghanistan, their culture, traditions, history are far too different. Anyway, Al-Qaeda is operating from Pakistan, a place we have little interest in entering. We entered for all the right reasons but we let Osama slip through our fingers because we wanted the Afgan forces to do most of the heavy lifting with our SF guys assisting. If we went in there, balls to the wall, we might have cut Al-Qaeda off from fleeing. Oh well, we did accomplish one goal ,decimate Al-Qaeda. Too bad that we let many flee and gave them time to rebuild in a country we cannot get to them.
    i'm hoping that some day we might go in too Pakistan balls to the wall and finish this but it well never happen . ( i can dream tho )

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I wish we would have IMMEDIATELY gone to Afghanistan instead of waiting until mid-November to do it, and then turned that nation into a crater-pit.

Iraq was blatant side-show charlatanry and parlor trick lies, but Afghanistan was justifiable cause, we weren't pre-empting anything, we had been attacked by a non-Statist group in a place where we knew where they were, pure and simple.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I am sitting in G.W BUSHs seat for a moment, we were attacked by some terrorist on 9-11, they trained in the U.S under our noses (a big slap) again I am the commander in chief, Saddam Hussein has given the free world fits before, he still snuffs his nose at us, he has killed thousands of his own citizens due to religious differences? I must go after the culprits and send a message that America and Freedom will be defended? Bush got it right!!!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Taliban moved in basically after the Soviet pullout, when the country was in turmoil, and were funded by radical Islam. We might not be in the position we are in now if the Reagan and each following administration had followed up with more assistance after the Soviets. We funded the Mujahdeen, and then left right after the Soviets.

As I stated earlier several times... This started before Reagan.

We are partially to blame for the Soviet Occupation, it was not in are best interests in the late '70's to help when the Soviets started showing signs of wanting to move in. Possibly due to the sour taste Nam left in our mouths.
    The Mujaheddin built, trained, and funded them.
    AQ is actually a spin off of the Muj. We paid good money to move in "foreign freedom fighters" and have the Soviets fight a Jihad.
    The Talibs built, trained, and funded by us again.
    And all three of the groups above we built jointly with several countries in the region, mainly Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan...

So most of our problems here fall across several POTUS's. Starting well before Reagan... And once again the Military is sent in to cover the mistakes in Politics that brought us here to start with.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    We - this country through the CIA - gave bin-Laden and through him, al-Qaeda, almost six billion dollars from 1989-1992.

Talk about blow-back.
    Communism is a failed ideology which attracts almost no adherents.
    Islam is a far more violent ideology which attracts millions through a facade of peace and is far the greater of two evils and this is readily apparent to me, as it SHOULD be apparent to anyone in this country complaining about the old Soviet Union and still failing to condemn Islam.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We have a strong history of funding or training those who ultimately turn on us.... Al Queada, Taliban, Saddam Hussein, Ho Chi Minh....
    If this doesn't speak to the wisdom of "avoiding foreign entanglements", I don't know what does....

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Bush.jpg

[/thread]

Top Bottom