• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why do you care?

• I care because Trump

Votes: 4 3.6%
    • I care because I see the current democrat direction to be a direct threat to our freedoms

Votes: 101 91.8%
    • I care because bacon

Votes: 18 16.4%
    • I don't care

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I said, find another debate to troll.

Nah, I’ll just stick around and give reasoned opinions that you call “trolling,” because it hurts your feelings. You used the word “us,” so I feel like you should give use a definition to exactly who you are talking about. Or I guess you can avoid answering, because you know you’ll be challenged on it. Not that I’m anyone to be afraid of, fyi.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nah, I’ll just stick around and give reasoned opinions that you call “trolling,” because it hurts your feelings. You used the word “us,” so I feel like you should give use a definition to exactly who you are talking about. Or I guess you can avoid answering, because you know you’ll be challenged on it. Not that I’m anyone to be afraid of, fyi.

If someone else doesn't understand what I said, I'd be happy to explain it to them.

I owe you nothing and will give you nothing.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I was never a Trump supporter per se, but I was surely a Hilary detractor in 2016. If Trump could have somehow managed to stop the ridiculous tweets and the childish behavior I would have been a full on supporter in 2020. I made the decision that policy and results mattered more to me than personality and still voted for him.

The reason I care so much now is because I see so much evidence of voter fraud and the media is covering it up. Was it enough to change the outcome? I don't know but what I do know is I watched video of poll workers and observers being sent home for the night and then the machines being uncovered and ran for several more hours with ballots pulled from under tables. I saw election results where the dem/rep votes were tracking fairly even and then all at once at 4AM there is a sudden straight up line for the dems. This stuff needs to be investigated.

If Trumps lost, so be it, but we need to know that our elections are fair and honest or it all starts to crumble.

The hypocrisy in the media sickens me. Just today there is a tweet going viral #Hang Mike Pence and nobody is saying a word. Yet if a conservative even suggest that something was foul, then they are flagged or banned.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am a Trump fan but in the end anyone who has the guts to tell the establishment to f - off. Is a hero in my book even a lefty like the Hawaii chick.
    I don’t display my frustration by donning a loincloth and storming the Capital. I do however feel we are all going to lumped into the “us” category.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It is an interesting thing for you to continually insist upon very specific definitions and narrow applicability while rarely offering anything other than squirming and condescension in your positional statements.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I care solely because I believe there needs to be a balance of power between the three branches (house, senate, presidency). Right now we have no balance of power. I'm not a Trumper (though I initially thought he was a breath of fresh air from the mainstream politician that normally takes office). He has done and said several things over the years that made me cringe. But I do support the party as a whole.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You said “us.” I’m wondering who that is. To me, it would seem they are speaking on the Capitol insurrectionists. If you count yourself in that number, then you rightfully should be called a terrorist. However, don’t use the pronoun “us,” to drag liberty loving, law abiding patriots into your fold.
    Do you ever envision yourself having to become an insurrectionist?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To me it is all about Trump until someone else shows me they can pick up where he left off as well as have the backbone to take the heat

Everybody seems all about liking what Trump accomplished while not liking Trump. Do you suppose that the Left would somehow treat a Trumpian agenda any better if it was presented in a more polished manner? Then you need to decide which is more important, the agenda or the man who is capable of advancing it.

Watching how fast 'our' representatives ran over each other to abandon the fight in the aftermath of Jan 6, I don't see Trump's equal among any one of them

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    To me it is all about Trump until someone else shows me they can pick up where he left off as well as have the backbone to take the heat

Everybody seems all about liking what Trump accomplished while not liking Trump. Do you suppose that the Left would somehow treat a Trumpian agenda any better if it was presented in a more polished manner? Then you need to decide which is more important, the agenda or the man who is capable of advancing it.

Watching how fast 'our' representatives ran over each other to abandon the fight in the aftermath of Jan 6, I don't see Trump's equal among any one of them
    In my experience of talking to people, it's not the Left that really was at stake by being polished, it was the bell curve in the middle. Most people aren't pegged to the left or right politically. I don't believe that most people even pay near as much attention to the news as many of us think. They look at their paychecks, the cost of food, housing, clothing and entertainment along with perhaps retirement. If those things are doing relatively well. Then they mostly happy with the government they got.

Then there are some of us that have a few special interests we are interested in: national debt, immigration, taxes, 2A, climate, abortion, pot, etc. That may sway some slightly in one direction or another.

So Trump was doing mostly well on the economics (especially pre Covid), He was catering fairly well on special interests that in general favored the right. From a purely policy perspective, I believe he would have been reelected.

However, not everyone sits back and goes purely on logic. Its like knowing someone who is always so right but is so annoying at letting you know how right they are that eventually it gets one just don't want to be around that person. Eventually emotion enters into people's choices. That doesn't mean they agree with everything Trump did policy wise but at first they could overlook some rough edges. Then lets say he does a couple of things policy wise, one doesn't agree with but then consistently repeats how right he was to do them. It gets annoying. People's emotions begin to magnify what they disagree with because they get tired of Trump's rhetoric, the tweets, etc. Then they also get on Facebook/Twitter and when dissent is voiced they feel shouted down by those who think Trump can do no wrong. Eventually that is going to sway those that inhabit the middle of the bell curve.

If we imagine a bell curve with Trump to the right. I would say most if not all of INGO would be to the right of center.

Now lets imagine the distribution of that bell curve in the INGO population, I believe it would be mirrored so that there are very few iat the left of our mirrored curve, a lot on the far right and a decent percentage in the middle. That's why all of our going back and forth really changes few minds. There really aren't a whole lot of us truly at the left of our mirrored curve that voted for Biden. There is a significant population that is at the middle of our mirrored curve who voted for Trump but still can't understand the devotion of those to the far right and are really just looking for what we believe is a saner approach towards the same goals. Finally at the far right of the curve are those who can't understand how anyone could be to the left of them and still be sane.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All the criticisms of Trump are simply due to news media and social media being able to run wild presenting opinion pieces as factual reporting. (Yes there's valid criticisms but I'm not interested in irrelevancies to the greater topic)

It doesn't matter who it is they pulled this agenda on, it would have went down the same way, it just would have happened sooner with someone who isn't willing to fight back.

If you fix the news media and get them back to factual reporting only, you'll fix the core issue that's driving a wedge in the public.
    People sitting closer to the middle of that bell curve are almost solely influenced by clickbait news headlines and random dinner table exchanges based on those headlines. They do not care enough to dig deeper, so if the MSM calls someone a nazis, they take it at face value.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Upset because the election was stolen. Sorry if you're one of the people who can rationalize that away or choose not to believe it. As soon as mail in ballots were approved, Trump was sunk. The antics that went on election night and for weeks after only sealed the deal.

People always say that we don't have to worry that power always flips back and forth between the parties, but this isn't like every other election. I'm sorry for those who can't see that. With the Progressives in charge in every branch, there is nothing stopping them from sending this country straight down the crapper.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    In the words of our founding fathers, “Come and take it.” The left (And many new allies from the right), has finally started to find their ****s. That little Capitol fiasco has opened the eyes of a LOT of people.
    So wait, it was a good thing? Or a bad thing? Or a good thing done by bad people? Or a good thing done by good people who just happen to also be terrorists?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So wait, it was a good thing? Or a bad thing? Or a good thing done by bad people? Or a good thing done by good people who just happen to also be terrorists?
    I would imagine if we pull up some MSM news stories from the pre revolutionary times they did not call the founding fathers patriots

edit: newspaper article from 1775 calling the “provincials” cowards and barbarians. Accusing them of “going amongst regular troops”.
    That’s as close to calling them a terrorist as your gonna get in 1775 English.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I would imagine if we pull up some MSM news stories from the pre revolutionary times they did not call the founding fathers patriots

edit: newspaper article from 1775 calling the “provincials” cowards and barbarians. Accusing them of “going amongst regular troops”.
    That’s as close to calling them a terrorist as your gonna get in 1775 English.
    Exactly this!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I believe President Trump was a man that worked hard to restore the idea that Americanism was not a bad thing.

He was opposed by nearly everyone of any supposed import from the beginning. He fought back. they said that was unpresidential. YOU bought it.

If you do not consider yourself one of us, Why the HE double toothpicks are you here?

dontfeed

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe President Trump was a man that worked hard to restore the idea that Americanism was not a bad thing.

He was opposed by nearly everyone of any supposed import from the beginning. He fought back. they said that was unpresidential. YOU bought it.

If you do not consider yourself one of us, Why the HE double toothpicks are you here?

dontfeed
    WQho.

Tom, we have a reply function. You can be a bit confusing when you do not use it...:)

Top Bottom