• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nevernoluck2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Peru
    I don't hate them but I'm a revolver guy, either a 357 or 41 mag, but in handling the few Glocks I have the grip is too big for my hand

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Geez. Are we back in junior high? All I see is a bunch of kids complaining about not being in the cool club and trying to rationalize that by disparaging it. (Not to imply Glock is the cool club. It could be anything.). If irrational brand loyalty that can't be explained by the merits of the firearm is annoying, what do you think all this whining about it looks like?

People will recommend/laud what they know, are comfortable with, and have had success with. If there are that many people praising Glock, that should tell you something. There are bound to be a greater number of asshats in a group of people that outnumber the next highest group by a factor of 2 to 1.

If annoying Glock fans are the worst thing you have to worry about, you ain't got it so bad.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I married that chubby girl in high school. I also automatically recommend Glock or M&P as a good first handgun for perspective buyers.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Glock = all guns
    1911 = all guns
    all guns = Machines
    machines = moving parts
    crap breaks... what's wrong with identifying that?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I have several Glocks. I like them, but really don't care if others don't. They work for me.

I totally agree with the fanboi mentality in general though. It bugs me. Like listening to people talk about how their Apple product is the best thing that's ever happened.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Geez. Are we back in junior high? All I see is a bunch of kids complaining about not being in the cool club and trying to rationalize that by disparaging it. (Not to imply Glock is the cool club. It could be anything.). If irrational brand loyalty that can't be explained by the merits of the firearm is annoying, what do you think all this whining about it looks like?

I so wanted to be part of the cool kids club. That's why last year I traded in Glocks and Sigs, then purchased a Wilson Combat. Now everybody can bask in my uber-coolness! :evilangel:

Oh yeah I still like Glocks (and chubby chicks). Just don't tell the kids on the other side of the tracks.

songdog33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2014
    Hancock County
    Along with a number of people..I don't hate them..but a reason people call them "Blocks". They're not an eye appealing gun and they're overrated.. IMO

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I hate them because they always work and hit what I aim at! I would rather work on 1911's to get them to feed any kind of ammo I put in them and get them to hit the broad side of a barn. And besides, who wants to concel an ugly gun, it's far better to hide my custom Kimber in my shark skin holster.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013

People will recommend/laud what they know, are comfortable with, and have had success with. If there are that many people praising Glock, that should tell you something. There are bound to be a greater number of asshats in a group of people that outnumber the next highest group by a factor of 2 to 1.

If annoying Glock fans are the worst thing you have to worry about, you ain't got it so bad.
    I'm defiantly not a cool kid then :laugh:

To be honest, glocks aren't all that bad, I just prefer semi-autos with hammers when possible.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I like Glocks because the simplicity is in the design. I believe in the argument that Glocks are good at a lot of things but aren't necessarily great at one thing. They're pretty good for an all around shooter that go bang when you pull the trigger. If you are looking for a pistol to fill many roles Glocks are just fine. They are a well-rounded pistol. But I believe in some categories other pistols do better. My glock is a carry pistol so I bought it for the purpose of being on my person 90% of it's life. With that in mind I also looked at other options. Glock's weren't really on my list when I first started shopping for a new carry pistol. I thought they weren't the most eye-catching pistol out there but what stood out was their reliability. The tenifer finish Glock uses is also 99.9% salt water resistant so when carrying it IWB close to the body, in the summer months I don't have to worry about my sweat damaging my firearm. Also, extra parts, accessories, and modifications are all very prevalent. I never really liked the way the Gen3's felt but when I first picked up the Gen4's I liked them a whole lot better because of the slightly thinner handle profile fit better in my hand. Also after watching Jeff Bloovman at Armed Dynamic's videos I also weighed his opinion on the matter. I chose Glock not because they have a fan base or because I thing they look good, I don't. I chose Glock because it's a tool and for my purposes they were the best suited tool.

Top Bottom