• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm going to pick on Holcomb as an example and here are just a few in recent memory I can think of

1. Holcomb stood against lawful carry in Indiana. This might not be obvious to everyone, but Holcomb sent one of his lackeys to speak out against Lawful Carry when it was in the house.

2. Biden goes tyrant mode against individual medical rights. Holcomb is too afraid to speak out. We have plenty of other states in the union speaking out against it. I go to Holcomb's twitter and he is busy doing photo shoots wearing a mask outside.

But there are plenty of other RINOs in this state in local positions. My simple question is, Why? Why does Indiana pick these spineless cowards for leadership again and again?

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I'm going to pick on Holcomb as an example and here are just a few in recent memory I can think of

1. Holcomb stood against lawful carry in Indiana. This might not be obvious to everyone, but Holcomb sent one of his lackeys to speak out against Lawful Carry when it was in the house.

2. Biden goes tyrant mode against individual medical rights. Holcomb is too afraid to speak out. We have plenty of other states in the union speaking out against it. I go to Holcomb's twitter and he is busy doing photo shoots wearing a mask outside.

But there are plenty of other RINOs in this state in local positions. My simple question is, Why? Why does Indiana pick these spineless cowards for leadership again and again?
    I suppose we’ve been offered “the lesser of two evils” so much, we’re used to it. I was hoping Rainwater would throw a scare into him to make him more conservative, but the support just wasn’t there.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I also think if you look into the outlying areas, the conservatives win most local races. We just have the misfortune to have 8 or more urban areas that tend to sway statewide voting to the mushy middle, for now. As they gain population, I could see us in a “Illinois” situation…a few cities elect every statewide race.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Regardless of party affiliation, you are going to have issues with leadership and 2A, it's just natural for rulers to feel uncomfortable about armed subjects. This has been the case I imagine since societies have been organized. Leadership that has a collectivist affiliation we just expect it from so it's hard to understand otherwise. Part of it is economics, many COC Republicans feel that people should be free to earn whatever living they are capable of, their opposition tends to see things in a Marxist fashion, but both feel the unease of the ruler dealing with armed subjects.

God created all men, but Col. Colt made them equal.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think it is limited to Indiana. The pols that already have the office are so concerned about not making a mistake they might be held responsible for they are afraid to do anything before they know which way the political winds are blowing

The pols that want the job are also trying hard not to take any controversial position that their opponent's propaganda machine can use against them or that they might actually be expected to accomplish if actually elected (although they will sometimes promise what they know they have no intention to deliver and then never follow through because the historical record says they can get away with it)

The moment finds the man, not the other way around. Think Churchill, McArthur, Kenner, Goldwater or even Trump

Michigan football fans will understand what you get when you play not to lose rather than play to win

Hola, jamil

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Too comfortable with super-majority. We’ve seen how Bosma gamed the system stiff-arming ConC. Brey is no different.

The D’s in the House showed where they stood, the ones endorsed (formerly) by NRA-ILA all voted no on ConC.

Get involved. If the majority in the Senate is 32-18 vice 39-11? Maybe that’ll get their attention.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Let me ask another question:
    Why does Indiana have so many libertarians posing as Republicans?
    Why does ingo have a contingent of members so desperate to sit squarely in the center of the Overton window that they've become oblivious to the slide to tacitly or sometimes overtly supporting despotism?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Gee, I can see where the state needs improvement, but since moving back over 20 years ago after 40 years of living in other places, the state doesn't seem to need a complete overhaul. DMV has been streamlined and overhauled. We're still in the black (financially), there have been pro-individual rights laws passed. Indiana is still a gun friendly state and even here at INGO we disagree about firearms laws. We were the first state to get Safe Haven Baby Boxes. Just because conservatives have ruled Indiana for a long time, doesn't mean that liberals shouldn't have a voice and their ideas not be considered. I sure as heck wouldn't like to live in a liberal state where my rights and opinions were steamrolled over.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

Maybe because middle of the road is where you get run over?
    (That's more of a question than an answer)

How extreme is extreme enough for extremists?

Someone is always willing to go farther, then you are a 'RINO'... or worse...
    (See NAZIs, Taliban, etc)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What else are they supposed to be? Democrats are full-steam-ahead statists. Republicans are 1,000-papercut statists. And third parties aren't viable in Indiana. (See: Drinkwater campaign.)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Because the flashing picture box is the god they have chosen to worship.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who are the RINOs? The Republicans that run the party or the ones that disagree with their policies? Seems to me that the ones that run the party determine what it is to be one of them.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What else are they supposed to be? Democrats are full-steam-ahead statists. Republicans are 1,000-papercut statists. And third parties aren't viable in Indiana. (See: Drinkwater campaign.)
    I'm a man without a party. Elections are difficult for me. It is interesting to view the politics without the party affiliation lens than many people view their world through.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom