• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    to start off, this post is not about people not liking my personal choice in firearms because i simply don't care...this post is for the people that wonder why when they post what they think would be the perfect firearm for them/have the firearm, why people get on their post and seemingly bash it.

here's how it works,

just for my point i will use three different firearms: a Beretta 92, a Glock 19 and a Ruger p95 (my personal firearm for protection)...all three 9mms, and all three reliable firearms. the Glock sells for about 500-600$, the Beretta for about 700$ and the Ruger for about 300-350$ by far the cheapest of the three. so here we have our first topic of bashing "gun snobs". Obviously, if i only spent 300$ on my firearm and they spent over 600$ my firearm MUST be less reliable and less durable. that right there will generate a lot of negative feedback. lets try the operation, we got 2 hammer opt and 1 striker fired. IMO hammer opt firearms are much easier to break down and repair/clean than striker fired, and also less likely to have problems due to the simplicity of the design...having said that i am almost guaranteed to have some negative feedback because i said hammer opt is better than striker fired (but this is my opinion why are people getting so defensive?)

and this is why, when you went and picked up your firearm of choice, i would have hoped you had done some research and shooting before you picked it up. now that you have it you are very loyal to it if it has operated to your standards and will recommend/defend the firearm and it's company if someone attempts to bash it...here's the problem....the three pieces that i am using in this thread are no better than each other...they all top the one next to them in one area or another and also don't quite measure up in some areas...but, the main issue is NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT THE FIREARM THAT THEY PICKED IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE, AND EVERYONE THINKS THAT THEY BOUGHT THE BEST...so taking Glocks for example...they have been solid reliable firearms for 20+ years back then the Rugers and Beretta's and so on were not as reliable as the glock..nowadays they are on the same level and i will argue that point.

i guess the main point is, that you should not worry about the naysayers, someone is always gonna tell you that you made a mistake and tell you that you should've got what they got...be proud of the decision you made..and understand that it's usually not your firearm that they are hating on, but the fact you didn't get the same one that they did...

and do your research!..i recently learned that the p95 was issued to all the tank divisions and mobile units (humvees etc) in 1994....that right there says that my firearm has a good reputation and good enough reliability to warrant use by the US Military...

Pat

ps- THIS IS NOT ME TRYING TO DEFEND MY DECISION, I REALLY DON'T CARE...this is for people that ask that question...mostly based on posts i've seen like "why does everyone hate the 40 s&w" (rugerforum.net) or "hi point haters" (ingo)

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Pat, I would suggest doing a review of your gun and posting it. There may be more Glock and M&P owners and it would be nice to hear about your gun. I would say, I have seen some great reviews on Rugers on INGO and not everyone is a "snob."

sertboy354

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    Amen to that i was a LEO for 4.5 year my first gun i tursted my life to was a Ruger P-94 40 cal. I was tell a fellow INGO eairler today you have to buy and carrier what makes you happy. Thank you for posting this.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    just because the military issues it, does not mean its a good/great gun! (this is meant for any gun, not exactly for this post)

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Glocks are a love/hate relationship, Beretta has their own fan club, and I never had good experience with my ruger p345.

I love the ruger p345, it felt the best of any guns I've ever held but jams like nobody's business. I would love to have another one, but my experience scares me away every time.

People are going to love what you picked out, and people are going to hate. shake the dust off of your shoulder and pick what you like.

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    i was stating that if it was good enough to be the firearm of choice at that time for the military, that i have no doubts about the firearm..

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Q- no, the snobs are a small crowd i would say but they tend to make a lot of noise...and i have the perfect review...not your ordinary pros and cons but will tell you exactly what you want to know.....

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    It's all about personal choice, don't let it bother you. I think that all the Ruger auto pistols in the 90 series are built tank tough and are a great buy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've never really considered a Ruger, so I Googled some images and it is a nice looking firearm. Do they all come with safeties? If so, that is one reason why I would never own one. I just prefer my EDC have no safeties other than my finger.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    +1 rep on the post. I cant say a less expensive fire arm is less reliable than a higher price one. And I do understand that some people do not and or can not afford a fire arm in a higher price range there for we have the option of different grades of fire arms to try to meet our budget and function of use. But i do be leave we should be aware of the + and - of each brand. I understand the nature of your post and I will also agree some people should be more considerate on the wording so the down falls of the fire arm they are considering and or just bought are more or a general warning than an insult.

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    fireaxes- dont get me wrong, i could give a **** about people think of my firearm, that was the point of the post...unless i misinterpreted your post, then my bad...

Que- check out the new SR series no safety, loaded chamber indicator, high cap, beautiful design..but yea, all of Ruger's hammer opt designs are either going to have a safety or decocker...i never use the safety and i decock with the trigger and thumb...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    fireaxes- dont get me wrong, i could give a **** about people think of my firearm, that was the point of the post...unless i misinterpreted your post, then my bad...

Que- check out the new SR series no safety, loaded chamber indicator, high cap, beautiful design..but yea, all of Ruger's hammer opt designs are either going to have a safety or decocker...i never use the safety and i decock with the trigger and thumb...

I REALLY like the OD green .40! I will check out your review. Thanks for the information/rant.

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    lol, i didn't think it was that much of a rant...but you are welcome...just trying to get people to feel better about their decisions..

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    I am one of those that finds what they can afford and what is comfortable to me. I really don't care what someone thinks of my choices in fire arms and I TRY to not pass judgment on others choices.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Part of the "problem" (not that there really is one, actually) is that there are so many choices; revolver or auto, various calibers, barrel lengths, sizes, even colors! ...the solution to the problem is to just get one of each! :D

It doesn't make any difference, really ...as long as it's a Glock. ;) j/k

Top Bottom