• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Consider this: Trump is resonating with and quite popular with people who are otherwise disinclined to vote at all, or at least so my observations go. I am not aware of any good number on people who do not participate because they either have no use for professional politicians of any nature or realize that to a great extend for several consecutive elections we have been offered our choice between a sh*t sandwich with ketchup or a sh*t sandwich with mustard, aside from extrapolating one's own conclusions from the percentage of eligible voters who do not vote.

This ^ , the only other one I might vote for would be Cruz but even that is a big if .

Indeed. i would just love to hear details on the great wall of Mexico. How long? How high? How deep? and perhaps more importantly, how much?

He said he'd make mexico pay for it . I don't think he's said how he plans on doing that yet .

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    This ^ , the only other one I might vote for would be Cruz but even that is a big if .

He said he'd make mexico pay for it . I don't think he's said how he plans on doing that yet .

Yup, he has. Jeff Sessions is on Team Trump and helped craft his immigration policy.

Trump's Immigration Plan -- Good Start, Other Candidates Should Accept Challenge| National Review Online

From Trump's page:

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Before arriving at that point, just forcing the mexican.gov to stop supplying border crossers with encouragement to do so along with assistance including instructional manuals, maps, and admittedly inadequate supplies would be a start. Active assistance in breaking our law is a major problem at the first step of the trip north. Personally, I would capture the Mexican cabinet secretary administering these services, put a bullet in his head, and tell El Presidente that if he doesn't knock it off, he is next.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Correct me if I'm wrong, here in southern indiana most of the immigrants are from Nicaragua , elsalvador, Guatemala ,have talk to very few from Mexico.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong, here in southern indiana most of the immigrants are from Nicaragua , elsalvador, Guatemala ,have talk to very few from Mexico.

Legal immigrants come from all over.
    Most of the illegals come from Mexico. Not all but most.

My brother and I have camped out in the boonies throughout the west and have seen some crazy ****. The freight trains running through the deserts in CA and AZ for instance, are packed with illegals and they're not even trying to hide. They are on the insides, hanging off the outsides and on top. Just smiling and having a good ol' time. We've been seeing this for years now.

Our country is way overdue to fix this problem but all I hear is open the borders and let them in. We can't last much longer like this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You have to admire that (at least right now) he is decisive. Notice he didn't say 'take a poll to see how it might affect my support if I came out in favor of defunding PP'. No guarantee that hold up if he gets the nomination but we can hope
    I wouldn't be surprised if if he's polling conservatives to see what plays best.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wouldn't be surprised if if he's polling conservatives to see what plays best.

That would be a smart move. Trump is smart, regardless of his other failings.

I really hope people stop underestimating him. although I doubt if some will take him seriously as a candidate even if he wins. Becoming president may be less common than the other things he's accomplished, but it's probably easier.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    That would be a smart move. Trump is smart, regardless of his other failings.

I really hope people stop underestimating him. although I doubt if some will take him seriously as a candidate even if he wins. Becoming president may be less common than the other things he's accomplished, but it's probably easier.

Weirder things have happened.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Apparently you're a proud trump supporter? Please, do tell of the benevolent wonders of Trump's candidacy.

I'll tell you the benefit of his candidacy, for me. He's preventing the media from doing what they usally do at this point in the Republican Primary: destroying the Conservative candidates and leaving us with a well-financed moderate as our only choice. The media and Hillary want Jeb Bush to be the candidate, the same way they wanted Rich, Moderate Mitt Romney to be the candidate. A candidate which presents no vibrant, dangerous differences with Hillary on the issues. The media would love to be performing an anal-cavity search on every other Conservative Candidate right now, "what is candidate A/B/C's position on abortion exceptions," etc. But the nature of the news cycle means they cannot resist a shiny object, and right now, Trump is that object.

Look at the results. Jeb Bush, who "should" be #1 based on money, is currently a distant 3rd at best, depending which poll you look at. And the person responsible for this inversion of the field is doing it with his own money, thereby not sucking donor funds away from the others.

Nah, I say, let Trump run. The danger in this race isn't just a Trump Independent bid. It is also the Media choosing our candidate for us - as usual - and the inevitable, predictable scenario of Hillary beating Bush in a straight-up two-candidate race, with a well-choreographed campaign she's been planning for months. Trump is messing with the plan right now. We could never prevent him from running Independent. The best we can hope for is to get someone other than Bush on that stage against Hillary. And right now, there are multiple names above Jeb's. That's a good thing.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'll tell you the benefit of his candidacy, for me. He's preventing the media from doing what they usally do at this point in the Republican Primary: destroying the Conservative candidates and leaving us with a well-financed moderate as our only choice. The media and Hillary want Jeb Bush to be the candidate, the same way they wanted Rich, Moderate Mitt Romney to be the candidate. A candidate which presents no vibrant, dangerous differences with Hillary on the issues. The media would love to be performing an anal-cavity search on every other Conservative Candidate right now, "what is candidate A/B/C's position on abortion exceptions," etc. But the nature of the news cycle means they cannot resist a shiny object, and right now, Trump is that object.

Look at the results. Jeb Bush, who "should" be #1 based on money, is currently a distant 3rd at best, depending which poll you look at. And the person responsible for this inversion of the field is doing it with his own money, thereby not sucking donor funds away from the others.

Nah, I say, let Trump run. The danger in this race isn't just a Trump Independent bid. It is also the Media choosing our candidate for us - as usual - and the inevitable, predictable scenario of Hillary beating Bush in a straight-up two-candidate race, with a well-choreographed campaign she's been planning for months. Trump is messing with the plan right now. We could never prevent him from running Independent. The best we can hope for is to get someone other than Bush on that stage against Hillary. And right now, there are multiple names above Jeb's. That's a good thing.

:+1:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

I don't know for a fact that they're mexican but there are neighborhoods around this city now that are exclusively latino to include the signs on all the stores .

The mexican counsilate near East & Fletcher Sts. is packed nearly every day .

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

It has been a few years since I read any numbers, but OTM's were running about 25% back then. Of course, in their harshness, Mexico's immigration laws are second only to those of North Korea, which is highly hypocritical for a country which actively assists people in violating ours. As an offshoot of this, mexico.gov will also do their utmost to assist OTM's (just like they do with their own nationals) who make it from the south end of Mexico to our border in their effort to continue northward. I supposed palming them off on us is cheaper than jailing them.

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011

Early on, I honestly thought he was there as a decoy. I assumed that the Republican Party had brought him in to soak up the media's attention to keep the spotlight and closet digging off the "true" candidates. The longer this goes on, the more it seems he's actually in it for the long haul. We'll see if he maintains his lead when voters split as candidates drop out.

I don't see Trump leading us into war, but I feel like his provocation may cause a lot of unrest. His confidence/arrogance will come off pretty harsh (as we've seen). Some feel this is a good thing though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Early on, I honestly thought he was there as a decoy. I assumed that the Republican Party had brought him in to soak up the media's attention to keep the spotlight and closet digging off the "true" candidates. The longer this goes on, the more it seems he's actually in it for the long haul. We'll see if he maintains his lead when voters split as candidates drop out.

I don't see Trump leading us into war, but I feel like his provocation may cause a lot of unrest. His confidence/arrogance will come off pretty harsh (as we've seen). Some feel this is a good thing though.

Compared especially with Barry "don't worry, I'll bring my own vaseline when I grab my ankles on behalf of the United States" Obama, it definitely has appeal as a good thing.

Top Bottom