• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    That's completely understandable. People have grown tired of complacency and are wanting to see someone stand up to issues. Bulldog vs Lab.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    At the expense of a number of good, viable candidates. A lot of good people running... and they won't have a chance now because of this clownstick.

Most never had a chance anyway. This primary was always going to follow the same 3-step process as every Republican primary:

1) Media declares war on "wacko" conservative candidates.
    2) Conservative candidates lace up tennis shoes and attempt to outrun the Bear, by attacking each other.
    3) Well-financed moderate emerges as the only remaining choice (>>> loses to Democrat).

If Donald Trump backed out of the race tomorrow, Jeb Bush and his donor cabal would have most of the rest of the field cleared, 3 months before Hoosiers even get a chance to vote.

I believe Hillary is at least 75% sure to win. If nothing changes from past elections, we're headed down a well-traveled road. As far as I can see, Trump's presence in the race is the only thing preventing Jeb from doing to the Republican field, what Hillary has already done to the Democratic one. I'm inclined to let things run a bit. It's giving voters a chance to consider the possibility that maybe Jeb is not "inevitable," and that, to me, is a good thing.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Genuinely curious how much money he's paying Breitbart, Rush, et al... for them to sell their souls so easily.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/644932926354927616
    I honestly believe that the media and commentators on both sides hope the oppsition wins the presidency. Fox, Breitbart, and Rush need a liberal in the White House to keep their audience. Listeners don't want to hear praise from these guys, they want to hear the clamor for the Potus's head. Same can be said for MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, and the rest. They are salivating over a Republican in the White House so they can enrage their audience.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    agreement with some of his positions?

He has more than one? Is immigration such an important position to accept all of his liberal views for? Rush is absolutely being influenced in some manner. He is hard-line pro-Trump, and gives no other candidate the time of day.

Breitbart is just being Breitbart. I'm sure they're getting some cash from somewhere.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    He has more than one? Is immigration such an important position to accept all of his liberal views for? Rush is absolutely being influenced in some manner. He is hard-line pro-Trump, and gives no other candidate the time of day.

Breitbart is just being Breitbart. I'm sure they're getting some cash from somewhere.

Why should he?

• Did the GOP secure the border with control of the White House and Congress? NO.
    • Did the GOP balance the budget with control of the White House and Congress? NO.
    • Who gave us the TSA? The GOP
    • Who gave us the Patriot Act? The GOP
    • Who expanded Medicare to include prescription drug coverage? The GOP
    • Who created the precursor of “Common Core” in “Race To the Top”? The GOP
    • Who played the race card in Mississippi to re-elect Thad Cochran? The GOP
    • Who paid Democrats to vote in the Mississippi primary? The GOP
    • Who refused to support Ken Cuccinnelli in Virginia? The GOP
    • Who supported Charlie Crist? The GOP
    • Who supported Arlen Spector? The GOP
    • Who supported Bob Bennett? The GOP
    • Who worked against Marco Rubio? The GOP
    • Who worked against Rand Paul? The GOP
    • Who worked against Ted Cruz? The GOP
    • Who worked against Mike Lee? The GOP
    • Who worked against Jim DeMint? The GOP
    • Who worked against Ronald Reagan? The GOP
    • Who said “I think we are going to crush [the Tea Party] everywhere.”? The GOP (McConnell)

An Open Letter To Jonah Goldberg ? RE: The GOP and Donald Trump | The Last Refuge

Cruz is still my 1A because the GOP Establishment types can't stand him but if Trump's the choice, I'll say what the hell and go for it. At least he actually seems to love his country, unlike what we've had the last 7 years.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....if Trump's the choice, I'll say what the hell and go for it. At least he actually seems to love his country, unlike what we've had the last 7 years.

Trump loves Trump (1), Trump (2), Trump (3), Money (4), Tang (5),....after that his family, his country and Vitalis are on the list somewhere...but yeah, clearly it's on the list so I agree he loves his country. If he's the guy, so be it. he'll get my vote...but I hope he's not the guy.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It won't be Bernie. If it's Hilary v Jeb, Wall Street seems to think it's six in one hand, half dozen in the other since they're supporting both.

I've held my nose and voted for RINOs for years only to get stabbed in the back ideologically by tools like McConnell, Boehner, and Priebus. Not buying their BS anymore.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Would you prefer Bernie of Hillary?

Romney lost because of the exact same sentiment. "If I can't get my exact choice nominated, I just won't vote..."

The same mentality has given us the do nothing Republicans in congress and liberal activists on the Supreme Court. And oh, Obamacare, the war on coal (and electric bills,) etc, etc...

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Romney lost because of the exact same sentiment. "If I can't get my exact choice nominated, I just won't vote..."

The same mentality has given us the do nothing Republicans in congress and liberal activists on the Supreme Court. And oh, Obamacare, the war on coal (and electric bills,) etc, etc...

Nonsense. There was a Republican landslide in 2010 and 2014. Then they tell us, "sure, we campaigned to fight against Obama, but we won't do, well, anything."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "it couldn't get any worse" is only followed by one thing. It getting worse.

I will gladly vote for someone I agree with 30% of the time if the alternative is a guy I agree with 3% of the time. That politicians will disappoint is a truism, but some will disappoint often, some promise to disappoint every time based upon their platform, and they succeed. I'll take the guy who disappoints less often.

That there should be someone out there who never disappoints is true, but just because he's not in the general, I'm not going to tacitly endorse the greater of two evils.

This is not a game. This is not an academic abstract. When people like Obama and Hillary get in office, we lose freedom, we see government grow at an accelerated rate, entitlements are created that can never be eliminated and judges get appointed for life who can dramatically change our legal landscape. These things affect our lives right where we live.

If a less conservative republican is elected, we may lose freedom, but at a slower rate in in less ways than a true liberal. Government may grow, but it will probably not be a quickly. Entitlements are expanded, but not in as grand a scale. Some unreliable judges are appointed, but judges more tied to the Constitution will fill most slots.

It all sounds so depressing, but I will take a slow erosion over a landslide any day. If anyone thinks that we should elect the worst so the country will "wake up" you are living in a fantasy world. Grow up. If the best we can do is to slow the progression or the cancer, that's better than actively trying to spread it, or just letting it grow.

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I do not support Trump, but I am glad he is in the race. He's taken the rule book and tossed it out the window with these primaries. Someone on that debate stage needs to do this for our sake. One guy to break the robotic mold of the rest shakes things up and that is what we need to see.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Everything in that was well said.
    Sure you can pick it apart with constitutional carry and get rid of background checks entirely but hey. I didn't know he was THIS pro gun to start with.

Pleasantly Surprised!
    Not like finding a naked girl in my shower surprised.......but close.

I posted an interview he did a while back in another thread. I think the fact that both his sons are hunters made him came around and re-examine things.

Evolution in Progress - Trump on Guns [VIDEO] - The Truth About Guns

Top Bottom