• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    I've used well over a total of a thousand Tula rounds in my shooting over the last few years, and I've not had a single unexpected error with any of it.

If it's a newer production round (made post-gun-panic), perhaps it is worse than usual quality control on the count of matching demand with supply. No excuses there and I'm not defending them, they certainly are the cheapest of the cheap.

But again, I've fired at least 500 rounds through an XD9 service size, 0 flaws whatsoever. 200 more rounds through another XD9 service, V10 ported edition. Never a single flaw. Fired 16 through a Sig 1911 Stainless Commander and no flaws (come on now, it was the first 16 rounds I shot through it to see how it liked steel case ammo. It liked them, no flaws).

Firearms come as a second favorite to me, my first favorite being computers. And with computers, the very same equipment by the very same brands (for example, AMD and Intel) processors perform different from one another. Just like DNA, just like a thumbprint, just like a snowflake: the odds are astronomical that you'll get an exact replicated result between two physically different objects. Some people can't overclock their AMD FX-6300, I overclocked it to 4.5GHz without breaking a sweat. Some people like myself have never had a flaw with Tula ammo, some people have had some scary looking problems with theirs. Idk much, but for what it's worth I'd say YMMV as bullets, casings, primers and manufacturers of different calibers differ from each other all day every day, as do the firearms these rounds are being shot through. Be logical!

Also for what it's worth I've never carried Tula as a defensive round, I use something with what I've known to be a longer positive track record (CCI)

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Never had any problems with Tula for range use. In fact, I've been told that shooting Tula, at least in .223, can reveal problems with an ARs gassing system that normal ammo won't. Ex: if your gun is slightly undergassed, normal powered brass ammo will just function, and you might not notice the problem. Shoot the underpowered tula, and you might find the problem before it becomes a big issue. IMO, a properly functioning, cleaned and oiled gun should run Tula just fine.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I shoot tula and have had no issues with it until recently. I picked up 9 boxes and started loading mags and immediatly noticed several of the boxes had defects. The defects are similar to what a friend of mine had with wolf, about half an inch up the case is a buldge.

IMG_1180_zps430d5bca.jpg

This is similar to my buddies bad wolf ammo.
    052_zps9942d719.jpg

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Of all the steel case out there, Tula is the only kind that I've experienced choke up two ARs (torn rims). Tula ran fine in my Glock, 1911 and AKs.

rcwill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Same exact thing happened to me with my Shield using Tula. Had a FTE right after...only issue I've ever had with the Shield. No more Tula.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I haven't shot a lot of Tula, but when I do I can smell the difference in the rounds. 9, 40, 45 and 223 all seemed to smell different than using other rounds. Don't know if it is the powder, the primer or what, but it is there.I was getting ready to go shoot one time and opened up a new box of Federal .45 acp FMJ that I got from walmart well before this ammo shortage. One round had no primer at all in it. I took a pic and sent an email to Federal. They gave me a prepaid return slip and wanted the round as well as the box. A couple weeks later I got a full box of American Eagle for my trouble.Every time I see or hear about bad rounds I start to worry about squibs again. Never had that problem, but makes you wonder when you get ready for a mag dump.

Top Bottom