• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LEE46544

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    I have never owned a gun until the last year. What caused me to buy a gun was that on one morning a man tried to break into our house. It was 6 am and the lights were on upstairs. I was sitting in the family room with my little dog drinking coffee. As soon as this person started to try and open the door the dog went crazy scaring him off. The person had to know someone was awake and they were still willing to try and break in.
    My thought was that if they knew someone was home and were still willing to breakin then what would they do if someone caught them ?
    They did end up breaking into a few houses over the course of that week.
    Now that I won a gun I find that I love them. I am not a hunter but love to shoot at the range or someones property.
    I have added a few guns in the last year to where I now have 6.
    I am sure I will keep adding as I find values and items I want.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I too have been a gun owner for less than a year. It has been a crazy year. I am not rich or even well to do. I just don't have anyone around anymore to tell me no. Which apparently is a problem for me. I buy, sell, and/or trade a little too often. It started out as an interest, then it became a hobby. The bus passed obsession some time ago...I will let you know where it stops.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome to INGO!

Although I'm sorry to hear about your circumstance, I am glad that it sparked you to take some personal responsibility for your safety.

It sounds like you've invested in some guns and gear, and that's great. But its only a small part of the puzzle.

Head on over to Tactics and Training - INGunOwners and make an investment in yourself by way of new skills and mindset.

LEE46544

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Thanks
    I can see where collecting can be obsessive. I guess it is like a lot of other things people collect. I went to the Nappanee gun show a couple of weeks ago and left with 3 guns. Of course they were all priced great so I couldn't resist. They were also what I was looking for.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    :welcome:

Unfortunate circumstances that brought you to become a gun owner but sometimes it takes something bad to wake people up to what is going on in the world everyday around them. Glad it ended well for you and seems like it has also lead you to a new found love.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have never owned a gun until the last year. What caused me to buy a gun was that on one morning a man tried to break into our house. It was 6 am and the lights were on upstairs. I was sitting in the family room with my little dog drinking coffee. As soon as this person started to try and open the door the dog went crazy scaring him off. The person had to know someone was awake and they were still willing to try and break in.
    My thought was that if they knew someone was home and were still willing to breakin then what would they do if someone caught them ?
    They did end up breaking into a few houses over the course of that week.
    Now that I won a gun I find that I love them. I am not a hunter but love to shoot at the range or someones property.
    I have added a few guns in the last year to where I now have 6.
    I am sure I will keep adding as I find values and items I want.
    If you weren't in North Liberty, I'd think you were my cousin in New Haven!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom