• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Wearing and oversize shirt I can conceal a 6" 44 magnum. But I choose to dress more decent and wear shirts that fit me and don't look big and sloppy. But I still conceal a commander or full size 1911 in a t shirt. The gun is so slim and with a good holster and belt the gun is high and tight behind my hip. Yeah I may print just a little bit if u bend way over but no one notices. I have even been at the bar and played pool with my gun at 4 clock and no one was the wiser. Bending at the waist and not the back helps a lot.

I don't feel under gunned. It doesn't matter what u carry if you at least carry something. Any gun is better than no gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hawaiian shirts are you friend when you want to conceal during the summer months. My preferred carry guns are a G23, mid size 1911 or compact CZ, but when I'm rocking the Hawaiian shirt, shorts and Birkenstocks, I can easily conceal my G21, full size 1911s or full size CZs. Any shirt that has a bit of a pattern to it will help break up the lines of a concealed weapon.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hawaiian shirts are you friend when you want to conceal during the summer months. My preferred carry guns are a G23, mid size 1911 or compact CZ, but when I'm rocking the Hawaiian shirt, shorts and Birkenstocks, I can easily conceal my G21, full size 1911s or full size CZs. Any shirt that has a bit of a pattern to it will help break up the lines of a concealed weapon.

Columbia fishing shirts my friend. Loose fitting. Very comfy. I have a couple of light weight Eddie Bauer travel vests as well. Walmart sell lightweight Wrangler shirts for about $10. Casual is easy.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Hawaiian shirts always seem tacky and scream gun IMO. As do vests in the summer. I don't care what some may believe but those clothing items are big red concealment flags.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Hawaiian shirts always seem tacky and scream gun IMO. As do vests in the summer. I don't care what some may believe but those clothing items are big red concealment flags.

I would say only to others who might be inclined to be carrying as well. I doubt that the vast majority of non-gun folk would think twice about it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

So rock the Hawaiian shirt, but don't conceal.

David-Zayas-Hamilton-Dexter-183x300.png

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

The non-gun public just sees a tacky shirt or old fat guy with a vest. The rest of us don't care.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    I carry what suits my needs at the time. Sometimes it's hard to conceal a double stack nine or my short K frame and a pocket pistol is the best option for remaining inconspicuous (for example, as a not-so-slim gentleman, it is darn near impossible for me to conceal a large pistol under a suit) . Don't limit yourself based on mantra alone. So long as you are proficient with whatever you carry and the gun is reliable, you're set to deal with the threats that may arise

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Personally, I'm done with single stacks.
    I carry my glock 19 IWB and have extra mags in the car.
    I'm in and around my car 99% of the day so that system works pretty well for me.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I carry what suits my needs at the time. Sometimes it's hard to conceal a double stack nine or my short K frame and a pocket pistol is the best option for remaining inconspicuous (for example, as a not-so-slim gentleman, it is darn near impossible for me to conceal a large pistol under a suit) . Don't limit yourself based on mantra alone. So long as you are proficient with whatever you carry and the gun is reliable, you're set to deal with the threats that may arise

I would largely agree with that, but many aren't on both counts. Lets face it most people carry a gun as a lucky talisman expecting it to ward off evil spirits. They never bother to become proficient with it or even to make sure it is actually reliable with carry ammo. (Both of those are vastly subjective topics.)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I would largely agree with that, but many aren't on both counts. Lets face it most people carry a gun as a lucky talisman expecting it to ward off evil spirits. They never bother to become proficient with it or even to make sure it is actually reliable with carry ammo. (Both of those are vastly subjective topics.)

Quit making fun of me...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well big happenings at work yesterday. My company is going through a merger and management and new roles are beginning to be announced. My current employer has a no weapons policy. But....The CEO of the new company and my existing company are both pro concealed carry and have attended my into personal protection course with their wives, VP of operations has bought pistols at my urging and went through basic pistol with me, one of the new board of directors has been through intro personal protection with me, the new sales director is a marine who likes guns and having guns close at all times. I have been told my position will be less customer facing and more operational. So depending on the dress code my options for handguns might open up a bit this fall.

Well September 1st has come and gone. That means merger at work and I remembered this thread. We have not seen a new company handbook yet but we do have the new dress code. Uniform service for me is gone. I will be issued my choice of logo shirts. Right now I have 4 approved shirts with the older logos until we get our new shirts. I am responsible for my own pants and since I am in the main office that means no jeans. We must "Maintain our appearance with consideration of how others perceive our general presentation". So for me that means shirt tucked in, shoes suitable for safety requirement and long pants (not jeans) suitable for both casual office and field use. Just so happens my son took all of my old khakis and plain non-logo polo for school. I mention all of this because I now have a clean slate from which to work.

Because of the tucked in requirement I have settled on a Walther PPS M1 in an MTAC tuckable holster. 5.11 (yes I decided to try some) covert cargo pants allow me to carry a hidden spare mag, Surefire light, keys, Gerber EUB, iPhone, and even a small med kit consisting of an H&H mini compression bandage and z fold gauze. All of this fits in my pockets and is very discreet. Nobody has noticed or at least said anything to me this past week. In fact our marketing director who is the dress code person thought my appearance (including my Redwing work boots) was appropriate for my duties. The MTAC is hot to work in outside but solid on the belt with C clips.

I mention all of this as an example for where a smaller/slimmer gun fits. With an untucked shirt I could pull off my preferred commander sized 1911 or a Glock 19, but either of those would print a bit too much. Yes the PPS is a compromise but it is nice to get my gun back up on my belt and away from the deep concealment options. Other coworkers are opting for small revolvers or .380 pocket guns or simply leaving their guns locked in their vehicles. I am willing to give up some convenience for a bit more gun so long as there are no complaints.

Top Bottom