• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok so I've been looking at different ammo brands lately, and I found something to which I don't know the answer. Why is the Brown Bear ammo so inexpensive? For example 500 rounds of .308 Brown Bear FMJ is $190, compared to other brands which are much higher. Some of the other ammunition Brown Bear makes is also less expensive compared to other brands. Is it because it comes from Russia or is it poor quality ammo or....:dunno:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I dialed in my .308 with some Remington, then switched to BB and was off by three inches... thought it was a fluke and the next one was off just as bad in another direction. I will still shoot it just to get time with the rifle, but the accuracy sucks.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Isn't a lot of the BB ammo steel-cased? From my perspective, any ammo that isn't easily reloadable, with conventional equipment and techniques, isn't worth a dime.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's inexpensive because it's made out of inexpensive components...

Kind of like why a Yugo is less expensive than a Ferrari.

-J-

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I agree with the above posts. It is steel cased, non-reloadable cheap ammunition. Not useful for accuracy work.
    In pistol calibers it is less of an issue, but I would still reserve it to plinking/range fodder only. Then again, I reload, so I would encourge you do buy brass cased ammo and leave the brass on the ground when you leave. :D

Top Bottom