• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I posted this in another thread where it might get buried and I'm interested in some of you legal scholars' input. This was my experience this morning when I voted:

I used to live in Fishers--we used a computer screen to vote.

Now that I moved to Indianapolis and apparently back to the 1950's, each person got a piece of paper and had to draw in circles. No big deal, I guess.

But what struck me as odd is that there were like 6 voting "booths", those little 3-sided stands where you can stand at and fill in your circles without anyone looking at you. Here's the thing--when those were full, they would let the next 3 or 4 people take their ballots and sit at the same 8 ft table and fill out the ballots. No screens or "booths". Is that legal?

If it is, why don't they just let hundreds of people vote at one time and get rid of all the lines? The hold up is the "one person in a booth at a time" procedure. If you just got a ballot, walked into a gym, found a seat, and filled out your ballot, there would never be a line except to check your ID. Everyone could vote in 5 minutes.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Well, they accomplished their mission quite handily.

And who said government can't do what it puts its mind to?

Top Bottom