• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MooseMacdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2014
    Batesville
    I'm sure this has been discussed on here several times.. but I'm just curious on action I can take to check on the status of my application. I turned my application in, paid my dues, and did L-1 fingerprints on 12/4/13 in Ripley Co. My record is perfect. Should I call them (local PD or ISP), or would that just make them mad? Thanks!

Tobey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2014
    In a house
    For what it's worth, I did my fingerprints, online payments, local PD mid-January and received my LTCH mid-February (almost one-month to the day). I knew calling the ISP was a waste of time (even before trying it), I got the idea to call my local PD just to see if I missed anything (and I read somewhere that someone had waited weeks or months only to find out local PD never filed with the state). Asked the lady who answered the phone if she could tell me anything and after getting my name she stated that the chief had JUST approved it (the week before). Had my LTCH a couple days later.

Not sure about everyone else, but as I was getting more upset at the "delay" with the ISP it turned out to be due to my local PD.. Might check with them.

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    do you have a common name? a friend of mine has the same name as a criminal in town and his app took forever.

rdb700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Southern IN
    I picked up mine from local PD and mailed the app/fingerprint card along with m.o. on 2/4/13 to ISP and got mine back on 10/14/13. I had made a couple calls to ISP firearm section with NO help or info from them.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Mine took 3 days to get to me. Others took 3 months. Some, longer than that.

I still think they just shuffle a stack of papers each morning and just process the top 100 or something... then the next day re-shuffle the stack. They pin them to the walls in the office and spin around in computer chairs while blind folded and grab random ones off the wall to process. There is no rhyme or reason why I can get mine in 3 days and my neighbor may take 3 months.

Luck of the draw, I s'pose.

EDIT: Maybe they thought I was the millionaire Lebowski, and not the deadbeat Lebowski and processed mine faster?

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Politely remind them that Indiana law requires an answer within 60 days of application.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this
    chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the
    application is filed.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Mine took just under 12 weeks: Submitted and paid on January 24, issued on April 18, in my grubby paw on April 20 of the year I got it.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I'm sure this has been discussed on here several times.. but I'm just curious on action I can take to check on the status of my application. I turned my application in, paid my dues, and did L-1 fingerprints on 12/4/13 in Ripley Co. My record is perfect. Should I call them (local PD or ISP), or would that just make them mad? Thanks!

be thankful. It took me over 6 months to get mine last summer

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    317 232 826four give them a call.
    They had my record switched with a nice fellow that had multiple felonies as opposed to my one that had been adjudicated.

The lady I dealt with was very helpful and had it straightend out and my ltch in the mail by the end of the day.

emmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Georgetown
    I completed mine in Floyd Co on Dec 17th and I'm still waiting. However, I had a 4 year that doesn't expire until June of this year so I'm a little concerned that mine won't process until just before the expiration date.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I completed mine in Floyd Co on Dec 17th and I'm still waiting. However, I had a 4 year that doesn't expire until June of this year so I'm a little concerned that mine won't process until just before the expiration date.
    The law on this is worded kind of oddly. The way it's written, it appears as though you should have waited until within 30 days of expiration for it to be automatically extended.

I.C. said:
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this
    chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the
    application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365)
    days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application
    for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of
    its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the
    application for renewal is passed upon.

IMO, (IANAL) That 30 day period was intended to coincide with the 60 days they legally have to approve/deny your application (but we know that isn't being followed currently). You renewing in December, and the renewal not being approved/denied by your June expiration day shouldn't be legally possible. I believe based on the the intent of the law, and good argument could be made that your License remains valid until a decision on your renewal is made. Otherwise, it would be a denial of rights by means of taking no action (I'm sure there's a fancy legal term for this).

Again, IANAL, IDNSAAHIELN, YMMV, etc.

Top Bottom