• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Folks let me start by saying if you're prone to depression or contemplating suicide, go no further. I can't stress this enough..Your death will not be on my hands. If, however, you're the kind of individual that likes to see how that 1% of the population forges a path to champion status…an across the tracks expose if you will, then please stay tuned.

As many of you know i hunger for that next level of awesome. I've become a fan of the M&P line of weaponry, and decided to VitaminK up a Shield. I called some old friends, and made some new friends and the results are now an absolute laser accurate gun that's a joy to shoot. Of course the best thing is, its better than yours. Knowing that keeps me warm at night. My journey to awesome is listed below…you're welcome.

Some of you may remember the Atacs Saiga that was purchased after my first book hit the shelves.

203299969.jpg

If you forget please review here.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/218487-battlecoat-t-ed-ak.html

attachment.php

My second book has hit the shelves and it's selling out everywhere! I pen my books under different names BTW as i'm such a big deal.

6a00e55370249988330133ed8bdf8d970b-400wi.jpg

As you know, when VK sells a book VK gets a new gun. I can't just have a gun that any commoner can buy. My status in the community as well as my bank account require the top tier of excellence. Of course that starts with stippling by Phylodog of Nash Gunwerks
    https://www.facebook.com/NashGunwerx?ref=stream

He had my frame back to me in a couple weeks and it looked awesome as ever. My last 2 guns were done by him as will every gun purchased from here out. He's currently doing a 45 for me. I sent my gun to phylo as i prefer his method in functionality as well as aesthetics. Many stippling jobs often feel like a fistful of glass and look like absolute baboon ass. With Phylo, I get substantially more grip and a better looking gun for cheaper than anywhere else. I find my followup shots are faster as recoil is managed better and i never need to regrip. Here is a Kahr he did for me earlier. Sexual chocolate.

attachment.php

I contacted JM gunsmithing to have the APEX DCAEK installed with the aluminum trigger upgrade as well as some truglow TFO sights. The gun now has an amazing trigger, though honestly the original one isn't that bad. The truglo TFOs are amazing. I love the way they light up for daytime shooting and the way the tritium glows for nighttime shooting. I thought i was done but i saw the new ATEI Chris Costa M&P and wanted some of that.

I sent my slide off to ATEI and they milled in cocking serrations across the top and on the front. They then re melonited the whole gun and what was sent back to me is pure perfection.

attachment.php

Lifeline

And before some wise ass makes a comment that the front sight is too long, remember this: Man who's gun's front sight extends to his rear sight always has a perfect sight picture.

And now for some testing!!!

Accuracy:
    I took my gun to the range and it shot like a frikkin laser. I was stacking rounds without trying. I expected that as it is plump with fundage. The trigger and grip help out substantially.

Functionality:
    I decided to test out the usefulness of the serrations. I was able to rack the gun off of my shoe, a tree, an infant, and a table without issue.

photos.demandstudios.com%2Fgetty%2Farticle%2F15%2F108%2Frbby_92_XS.jpg

Press checks can be done with 2 fingers.

Control:
    As i said before the grip is sublime as it should be. One real possibility in a gunfight is that I may get shot myself and leak all sorts of VitaminK sauce all over the place. To replicate this scenario i applied the slipperiest substance i could find to the grip and shot some more.
    575641_10151523209824354_248946548_n.jpg

I did find that i had to regrip after about 4 or 5 shots. I don't recommend doing this on a normal "non phyloed" gun. It'll be like a bar of soap in a prison shower, it'll squirt right out of your hands…what happens next is never good. I will also say that i don't recommend doing that on a phyloed gun either as its hard to clear from the pores in the guns. I did it for you guys though…you're welcome.

Retention:
    With all this grip in the frame and the slide, and 2/3s of a bottle of personal lubricant left over i challenged anyone to attempt to disarm me. The winner could keep my gun. I slathered myself in the lubricant and maintained control over the gun appendix/banana hammock carry with my support hand. Not one person felt confident enough to even attempt to disarm me.

In summation I'd give this new M&P 5 VK's out of 5. I Give Nash Gunwerks 5 VKs out of 5. I give ATEI 4 VKs out of 5 as they took for frikkin ever (lead time 4-6 weeks my ass) but the product was amazing and i'm just guessing that they haven't heard of me out there. I give APEX 5 VKs out of 5 as well as Truglo TFO sights.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just got a new Shield this past weekend. After reading your post, I think I might buy a holster for mine.... oh and some ammo....

J/K, nice write up.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm on board with the APEX and sights... And even the stippling.

But that ATEI stuff, man... Most of it I just don't dig. I do follow their FB page, though....just for giggles.

Would be nice to shoot yours vs mine back to back to feel the differences first hand.

-J-

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Indy guy 77, hit me up, we'll go shooting and you can feel whatever you want.

BBI's, I found a way to convert it to awesome. I understand your jealousy. Haters gonna hate. If it makes you feel better, I have a level of excellence that requires constant maintenance. People expect me to drive Fine vehicles, drape myself in luxurious fabrics, and shoot only the most customized of weaponry. All of this comes at price that I am willing pay and subsequently flaunt for the unwashed masses. If you are content with mediocrity, I don't hate on that. Enjoy your "off the rack" clothing and dime a dozen firearms. People expect that my Grape Smugglers are tailor made to fit, and that my weapons exude sexy and belch death. It's a blessing but at the same time its a curse. Enjoy homeostasis, I'll be riding these waves of awesome well into the future.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    It was better, then you racked it on a baby and coated it with astroglide. Now it smells like poo and you probably can't get enough grip to pull it from a a non-retention holster. :p

For the record, love Phylodogs work, he did my glock and I am so happy with it, I let another guy that stipples check it out and he even said it was impressive work.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Do you appendix carry in you Banana hammock? If so, do you have any problems with the serrations and stippling catching any pubes? I guess you could small of the back carry as well, then the astro would come in handy!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Faine, I'm looking for a fde full size m&p for him to stipple as I love how the fde glocks look. I'm very pleased with his work so far and he's a pretty decent dude too.

Spalding, I IGS appendix carry (inside the g string). I usually tuck it under a skin fold for an extra level of retention. I haven't noticed any hair pulls as of yet.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Awesome write up as always! Most can only dream of being able to articulate how awesome they are, let alone actually be that awesome!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI's, I found a way to convert it to awesome.

True. I believe it to be much like a pimped out Gremlin. In context, its awesome. Compared to the magnificence that is a stock .45, though...well, its still a Gremlin.

Pimped out 10mm short/fo-tay or .380 magnum/9mm euro pellet:

3C003073EE.jpg

Stock .45:

x11chcr001opt.jpg

I do congratulate you on your success, though. Much like the girl who makes her drapes into an acceptable prom dress, its an accomplishment we can all agree is noteworthy while simultaneously enjoying our good luck at not having to seek such accomplishments ourselves.

Top Bottom