Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think $100 was one of those special prices. It was probably scheduled to end on 10/1. I would guess we will see a new push to add members soon if the gun control talk continues to heat up.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    There are some great deals to get your NRA memberships:
    Regardless of your politics: If you are hesitant or undecided- twice a year Cabelas has a NRA weekend. Join NRA for $35 or $30 and get a cabelas gift card for $25. Net cost is only $10 or $5 a year! "American Rifleman" or "American Hunter" magazine have great articles once a month. NRA also makes it easy to send emails to your congressman or senators on issues that matter to gunowners. I am paid ahead until 2020 and each year I watch for these "NRA weekend membership events". Of course you can join on line today and then watch and extended your membership at the next event.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Maybe so. Maybe I am just disillusioned in the NRA as a former long time member and being overly critical; but the timing of the price change or pricing reversion seems advantageous, at best.

I have become, over a period of almost 20 years, a benefactor life member of the NRA.
    I have not once paid the full membership price.
    I took advantage of special pricing membership drives until I finally broke down and signed up for he "easy-pay life" plan.
    If I remember correctly, I paid like $25 p/quarter until the balance was paid.

Once a life member, I watched and waited for upgrade specials.
    I've managed to climb the membership ladder without a huge initial outlay.

I continue to contribute, when I can, to the NRA, but also to the NRA-ILA, and the NRA-PVF.
    It's not that hard to do, but you need to be patient.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    At 8:12 am this morning; the cost for a five year membership was $100; as of 4:45 pm its $140. The $100 link is now dead. It wasn't earlier as I was filling it out and didn't get back to it until now.

The NRA needs a higher level of integrity...

https://membership.nra.org/Join/Ann...MIwOCypvfW1gIVEQeGCh2POQTjEAAYASAAEgLpJfD_BwE
    View attachment 59646

https://membership.nra.org/Renew/Annuals
    View attachment 59647

If you have PayPal send me your email and I will give you the $40

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    $35/yr x 5 yrs = $175. So even at $140 you're still saving money.

I jumped on the life membership special a few years back for $500. I am on the $25 per quarter plan. Look for those types of deals.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    At 8:12 am this morning; the cost for a five year membership was $100; as of 4:45 pm its $140. The $100 link is now dead. It wasn't earlier as I was filling it out and didn't get back to it until now.

The NRA needs a higher level of integrity...

https://membership.nra.org/Join/Ann...MIwOCypvfW1gIVEQeGCh2POQTjEAAYASAAEgLpJfD_BwE
    View attachment 59646

https://membership.nra.org/Renew/Annuals
    View attachment 59647

I can get to both links. The difference is that the first is to join for the first time, while the second is to renew your current membership. It seems that the NRA is not so much changing pricing, but they are trying to entice new membership growth.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've climbed that membership "ladder" by watching for the deals. The last one came a little too soon after I had just bumped up a level and I didn't make use of it, but I'm watching for the next discounted rate for lifetime for my kids.

Top Bottom