• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I really want to get an AR-15 so I can become more familiar with the platform and practice the drill movements before I go to OCS.

If any of the folks who have expressed a preference for other rifles happen to have an AR that they'd like to trade for my SKS, or if anybody just wants to buy my SKS, I'd really appreciate it!

Here's the link to my thread about it.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    ...because Uncle Ted said I should! :rockwoot:

NugeAR15.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Im the 1 out of the 10 that has a AR next to the bed and one in the truck. Pistols are good for making your way to a rifle.

Correct on all counts. I have a AR as my go to gun. Never take a pistol to a gunfight unless you have no other choice.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Why should one own an AR15? Is it the cool factor? Granted, it has to be one of the most popular rifles out there. Almost every gun owner has one. And theres millions of accessories and combinations of them.

But why should one own one? For home defense? When's the last time you grabbed your AR for a bump in the night? I'll bet 9 out of 10 of us grabbed a pistol instead. Possibly even a shotgun.

For SHTF? Maybe. But a cheap shotgun COULD be better.

Have you really thought WHY should you own one?

And I'm not talking about "cause you WANT one" either. ;)

Slung up in loop, prone with my 20" AR, I can pretty much hit anything I can see within 400 yards. In one and one half minutes, I can deliver 30 aimed shots and it only takes a few seconds to swap mags. Without unreasonable weight, I can carry enough ammo in my daypack to have a pretty good time.

Basically, they're just great shooting guns, they're light, they're not that expensive to feed and they have very little recoil. Plus, the AR was invented by a Hoosier and I take pride in that.

The first time I shot an AR, it was a carbine and I was blown away by the amount of accurate firepower that came from such a small, light machine.

I love rifles and AR's are fine rifles.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I Don't own one yet, But when I do it most likely be a gun that sits in the safe and goes to the range. So I guess for me it is the cool/fun factor.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Cost is the main reason. I would want a decent one, with a scope, which would set me back $1000. If I could find a used one in ok shape for $400-$500 I would own one.

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    Why should one own an AR15? Is it the cool factor? Granted, it has to be one of the most popular rifles out there. Almost every gun owner has one. And theres millions of accessories and combinations of them.

But why should one own one? For home defense? When's the last time you grabbed your AR for a bump in the night? I'll bet 9 out of 10 of us grabbed a pistol instead. Possibly even a shotgun.

For SHTF? Maybe. But a cheap shotgun COULD be better.

Have you really thought WHY should you own one?

And I'm not talking about "cause you WANT one" either. ;)

I'm much more comfortable with a AR style rifle myself, lots of training and a couple tours in Iraq helped. As for as SHTF goes, I dont want to be close enough to my target for a good kill shot with a shot gun. I want to reach out and knock them down as far out as a AR rifle can go. Its not a matter of wanting one, its because I have the right, no if's, and's or but's about it. If you dont want to exercise that right dont.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I bought mine in 1980....I wanted one an wanted one bad.....why? Just look at it....do I need to say more...I practiced until I could strip it down an put back together blindfolded... In basic my Sgt. learn I had a AR before joining, not sure if he believed it or not but called me out in front of everybody an told me to strip it down an show everyone.....made my day, when I got down to the trigger guts I looked an asked if he wanted me to show how to tear that down also...."No"....

Henry Winkler who played a Veitnam Vet in the movie "Heroes"...he found out his buddy brought back a M16 from Nam an had it in the trunk of his car, he got it out to show Henry an Henry gasped out loud..."What are you doing with that implement of destruction !!!!!".......somes it up nicely I think.

usermax2000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    ar 15

I just think there fun guns and like adding goodies .. And its there if i need it.........................:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Super tactical mall ninjas need something to add a bunch of tactical mall ninja crap too! Hence the AR became popular!

hey shut up. :):

somebody obviously has been reading my "evolution" threads. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    at least i acknowledge i am an interwebz tactical operator. :D

if for no other reason, you should own an AR simply because it makes libtards wet themselves. :ar15::patriot:

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Fun to shoot.
    Versatile. I have 5.45x39, 7.72x39,5.56,and 7.62x51 (ar10)
    Every accessory known to man and a few that are not!
    Well sorted out. DI, piston, rimfire have been built and they work

Top Bottom