• rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ron Paul continues to win partisan Democratic voters

Ron Paul continues to win partisan Democratic voters
    “He is the only one saying no more war,” said Chong, who spent two days in Washington participating in the OWS protests. She states that there were a number of others at the event supporting Ron Paul, wearing buttons and waving signs for their candidate.
    The Blue Republican movement is in favor of all those who must register Republican for a day in order to vote for Ron Paul, respectively, in their states closed Primary. Ralph Drees from the Blue Republican Facebook page expresses his views, “I used to support Dennis Kucinich, and we have many Kucinich supporters helping. Iowa and New Hampshire are good states for this. Even if they only support in the Primary, they won't support Obama. They will stay home first, just like Ron Paul supporters would. Roughly half of the Kucinich supporters I talk to are going Red for a day.”

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ron Paul is polling better than Romney... poised in 2nd behind Newt. Newt will rise and fall like all the others. The dittoheads need to be reminded of his record.

The real shock is that it was actually reported. I'm surprised to see that they didn't report Newt in 1st and Romney in 3rd leaving it at that.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Iowa Youth Say They're Switching Parties to Support Ron Paul - Iowa City, IA

"I was always a Democrat. I voted for Kerry, Obama, because of anti-war stuff," said Justin Jensen, who is a co-chairman of Paul's campaign in Black Hawk County. "But I saw Obama lying through his teeth, so I had to change my candidate."

That doesn't mean he's going straight conservative. Jensen said if Paul doesn't get the nomination, he won't vote for Obama, but he won't vote for any of the other Republican candidates either.

"If I have to choose, I'm writing in his (Paul's) name," he said.

Others in the crowd, filling out voter registration forms after the event was over, could be heard lamenting checking, "Republican," on the form.

For them, it wasn't the party, but the candidate who has won them over.

Whitney Jackley, a Cedar Falls precinct captain, was one.

"I never thought I'd ever be a Republican," she said. "I voted for Obama."

She said she knew a lot of people who were either registered as Democrats or Independents who were planning to caucus for Paul - which meant they were switching their registration, at least until after January.
    Paul had the support of 18 percent of likely Iowa caucus goers in a Des Moines Register poll released Dec. 3. That put him in second place, behind Gingrich at 25 percent and in front of Romney’s 16 percent.

His support among young people, however, is much higher. Paul tied for first with Michele Bachmann with 47 percent of support from 18 to 29-year olds in Iowa in a Nov. 28 InsiderAdvantage poll, and he drew a crowd of more than 1000 at Iowa State University in Ames yesterday.
    213824817fc3450c942a1a128afe6c1f

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Nader may be progressive but he is no friend of the Establishment. He supports Ron Paul on his civil liberty stances and on trimming back the empire.

Ralph Nader’s Grand Alliance

Yet he says there is one candidate who sticks out—who even gives him hope: Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

That might sound counterintuitive. Nader, of course, is known as a stalwart of the independent left, having first gained notoriety for his 1960s campaign to impose greater regulatory requirements on automakers—a policy act that would seem to contravene the libertarian understanding of justified governmental power. So I had to ask: how could he profess hope in Ron Paul, who almost certainly would have opposed the very regulations on which Nader built his career?

“Look at the latitude,” Nader says, referring to the potential for cooperation between libertarians and the left. “Military budget, foreign wars, empire, Patriot Act, corporate welfare—for starters. When you add those all up, that’s a foundational convergence. Progressives should do so good.”

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ummm...hate to point this out to you, but Kucinich was re-elected in '08. And '10. Paul also won re-election to his seat, even if he did not win the gop nomination.
    Ummm...I am aware of that. I was talking about the 2008 POTUS election which was in the context of the clip.

Top Bottom