• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't think your data sample is the correct size or in the right place over enough time.

There's a variety of reasons that could cause folks to sell their M&P, but I don't think "because it isn't a good gun" is one of them. More than likely it has to do with their increase in popularity and, like Glocks, their increase in being bartered back and forth. There are A LOT of M&Ps out there so it reasons that it's more likely to find one for sale than a rare vintage piece.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I acknowledged in my original post that the pagination would change as new posts were added. I also mentioned that Glocks are more numerous in the classifieds (12-24 in favor of Glocks). I addressed these matters in my post. Glocks are very popular, and the pros/cons have been thoroughly addressed from "Glocks are indestructible" to the "every Glock goes boom." The M&P is a relatively new line that sold well initially, but now I am seeing many of them being re-sold. Thus, I ask the question.

Hope that helps you understand the parameters of the investigation. ;)

I guess the only plausible explanation then is that M&Ps suck and you should go ahead and sell yours as well before its too late. :dunno:

dyoung707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have 4 M&P's and plan on adding more. Don't plan on getting rid of any of them. Some people like to wheel and deal to get new or different things. Could be to profit or get $ for other projects. I'm looking forward on some M&P 10 range reports. As a lefty I like the ambidextrous controls.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I know the reason that so many people have there M&P's up for sale. It is because of the new triggers S&W is putting in their M&P's. People are getting rid of there old M&P's so they have the cash to buy the ones with the newer triggers in them.

Alot of Glock owners (myself included) decided to try them out (many of us want to find something other than Glock, due to Glock's general lack of innovation and other reasons). Some of us (me included) didn't like them (many more probably really do like them) or could not get used to the trigger, etc and are selling/sold them (me included).

Obviously there are plenty who love them. There are also folks selling them for the reasons others have stated.

They have plenty of good qualities, but I could not make the change even with a RAM installed.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think your data sample is the correct size or in the right place over enough time.

There's a variety of reasons that could cause folks to sell their M&P, but I don't think "because it isn't a good gun" is one of them. More than likely it has to do with their increase in popularity and, like Glocks, their increase in being bartered back and forth. There are A LOT of M&Ps out there so it reasons that it's more likely to find one for sale than a rare vintage piece.

I will ad my observation. It seems a lot of the time people have a habit of jumping on a particular bandwagon no matter what the make/manufacturer is.......until they read the next artical on the next new handgun and those same people sell everything to jump on that....and do it again.....and again....and. You get the picture!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To your original question...if you read some of the threads and actually something I think is happening to a degree is people are on the hook for their panic buys or orders and now have to get their cash back. A lot of people on this forum and others were paying upwards of $600 for a stock M&P9 and ordering them through their LGS but now that supply is coming back they have to move them to get money free since they are a common item again. If you checked the classifieds after the last election cycle you would see the same thing with ammo and other pistol brands. Also, another poster made a great comment about being able to buy a newer model for the money they are getting for used. Finally, this is the classifieds so why not price a little high and expect the lowball offers that always come and then make a "deal" with someone that you both are happy with.
    This might explain the large number of ARs, variants and pieces and parts thereof in the classifieds too. ;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I recently sold my fullsize M&P9 on here. I absolutely loved it, but I also had the compact version as my BUG, or kept it in the vehicle while at work because the fullsize wouldn't fit. I then discovered the X-grip sleeve that went on a fullsize mag for use in the compact frame giving it a fullsize grip. I had also been wanting a high capacity .45 handgun at the same time. So I sold the fullsize M&P, put the compact into play as my EDC , and bought an XD45 that holds 13+1 rounds, mounted a taclight on it, and have that as my nightstand gun.

I came really close to buying the M&P45 as replacement for the 9mm, but didn't like the 10 round mags versus the XD's 13 rounders. The XD cost less and came with extras (XD gear) too. Still love my M&PC though, that won't change.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I sold one of mine to buy a new C.O.R.E. model. Maybe others are too? Also it's summer time so a lot of people will dump guns they spent their tax checks on an now need money. Or just need extra cash for vacation.
    Also some just bought guns as part of the panic and the M&P 9 is one of the most popular pistols in history now. Maybe they need the money worse than the gun now that the world didn't end or they couldn't resell it for $800?

I can assure you that people aren't selling them because they suck. The M&P 9 is the best fighting pistol ever designed in my opinion. It surpasses the glock.

Top Bottom