• ...and so much more!
  • Fritz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Viva Switzerland

Ich liebe auch die Schweiz. Why has the Anglo-American world left its rational heritage? Contrast this with England, Canada, Australia and our own liberal states. Sad.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i always though the swiss were week in arms but i was clearly wrong, the reason why i though that was because they are a neutral country (i think) i honestly dont know much about the swiss. looks like i learned something new

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Amen to our Swiss brother. I still think this shows why a year's mandatory military service for every able bodied male would not be a bad thing. :popcorn:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    i always though the swiss were week in arms but i was clearly wrong, the reason why i though that was because they are a neutral country (i think) i honestly dont know much about the swiss. looks like i learned something new

There strength of arms is a good part of the reason they were able to stay a neutral country.

Hitler wanted to invade the Swiss, it is one of the very few times he was able to be talked out of something. His generals weren't able to keep him from invading Russia in winter, fighting a war on 3 fronts, but they were able to get him to see the foolishness of invading a country where virtually everyone over the age of 19 had military issue weapons in their homes and were trained to perform a scorched earth policy on their homeland by taking out bridges and infrastructure to hinder an invading force.

Similar to Admiral Yamamoto's quote "you can not invade America, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".

Top Bottom